View Full Version : Vyvanse works way better than dexedrine? What's wrong with my biology?

chaotic_cortex
02-05-17, 12:45 AM
Diagnosed with add as a child, but my parents didn't believe it was real. Struggled for most my life until now, at 28, I was done with my brain ruining my life. Doctor set me up on 20mg of Vyvanse, but was too low. Went up to 30 and it worked better. Not perfect, but better. Unfortunately, Vyvanse is just waaaayyyyy too expensive. So doc tried Adderall XR 30mg. I felt terrible. I started researching and it seems that I don't aggwith levoamphetamine. I'm already anxiety prone and that sent me over. So I did some more research and found all about Vyvanse and lysine and how many prefer dexedrine, is the same just not a pro drug, etc. etc. Started on 10mg dextroamphetamine er. Nothing. Up to 15 mg now and still nothing.

What the hell? Shouldn't that be the dextroamphetamine equivalent to ~60 mg Vyvanse? Why does Vyvanse work so much better. Really frustrating. I can't afford the drug that actually gave me symptom relief. What is wrong with my biology that dexedrine spansules do nothing? I really hope there is a generic Vyvanse in the works.

aeon
02-05-17, 01:07 AM
25mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate would have base equivalency with 60mg of lisdexamphetamine, not 15mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate.

Regardless, neither 60mg of Vyvanse, nor 15mg of Dexedrine would do a thing for me. I know (from experience) that I need 60mg of Dexedrine or 150-180mg of Vyvanse for efficacy.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
02-06-17, 08:25 AM
There are too many different conversion tables around and Dexs effects feel different
than vyvanses effects. If you have dex IR it should be easy to find the perfect dosage.

Fraser_0762
02-06-17, 08:32 AM
Have you tried Methylphenidate?