View Full Version : How do you know if more would be better?

HELPSEEKER
02-05-17, 05:37 PM
I have been stacking my mail all week. Have a busy week at work and got home late. Paid all the bills opened all the mail and I just cannot bring myself to file the papers.

I don't usually take meds 40 mg adderall on weekends I don't have work to do but I did today and I wasted the whole day away. Super bowl will start soon and I planned on being done.

Do I need more discipline or more medication. I'm going to file now. This lost got me motivated I hope !

Thanks

Pilgrim
02-06-17, 06:23 AM
Romberg what it puts in and what it takes out. Always plan for rest.

sarahsweets
02-07-17, 12:18 PM
I have been stacking my mail all week. Have a busy week at work and got home late. Paid all the bills opened all the mail and I just cannot bring myself to file the papers.

I don't usually take meds 40 mg adderall on weekends I don't have work to do but I did today and I wasted the whole day away. Super bowl will start soon and I planned on being done.

Do I need more discipline or more medication. I'm going to file now. This lost got me motivated I hope !

Thanks
why dont you take meds on weekends?

HELPSEEKER
02-07-17, 10:28 PM
If I don't need to be focused on somethig I'm quite fine off meds. Just can't get much accomplished.

I think it like a stim break.

why dont you take meds on weekends?

sarahsweets
02-08-17, 04:43 AM
If I don't need to be focused on somethig I'm quite fine off meds. Just can't get much accomplished.

I think it like a stim break.

I am not saying this doesnt work for you but for me, adhd is a 24/7/365 thing and I need medication for all areas of my life. Do you think that could be the case with you?

HELPSEEKER
02-09-17, 01:22 AM
I have taken it on weekends and stopped on weekend. I even stopped on vacation. For me the meds are not a magic cure. I helps me stay focused more. But I still wish it were more focus. Less procrastination.

I struggle to stay on point , not get distracted and to finish one thing before moving to another. Not to mention the mess my desk is at work.

sI am not saying this doesnt work for you but for me, adhd is a 24/7/365 thing and I need medication for all areas of my life. Do you think that could be the case with you?