View Full Version : Didn't sleep well & Adderall doesn't seem as effective today. Experiences?

whoknowsame
02-06-17, 10:06 AM
I've been on a really good path with my dose and found a great balance between how much I take per day, proper supplements, healthy food, etc.

However, today my meds seem to not be working as well and I didn't really change anything except for the fact that I didn't get great sleep. I went to bed MAYBE 2 hours later than normal, and am not a deep sleeper to begin with but, it's not like I pulled an all nighter and kept redosing. My meds worked wonderfully all weekend but today I feel sluggish. I take a generous amount of supplements with my meds and the night before. Perhaps these in addition to lack of sleep is what the culprit is?

TL;DR Two main questions: 1. Does anyone have experience with 1 night of poor sleep ruining effects of meds? I can understand tolerance building and that being a possibility but literally yesterday the meds were 100% effective. 2. If I take a little extra today, will that totally throw my tolerance off? and only worsen the problem for tomorrow?

Postulate
02-06-17, 12:37 PM
Do 60 push-ups and you'll be fine soon after. Your circumstances don't warrant an increase in dose. You just need to do 60 push-ups.

dvdnvwls
02-06-17, 01:39 PM
If 60 push-ups helps, good.

You're right - it doesn't work without sleep. Don't take any extra medication. It's pointless to do so. To actually fix this problem, sleep. :)

aeon
02-06-17, 01:44 PM
No ADHD med works properly if you don’t get proper sleep and maintain good sleep hygiene.

And extra won’t help with that, and has other undesirable consequences.

Cheers,
Ian

Little Missy
02-06-17, 05:26 PM
Or, wash your face and slap on some mascara!

sarahsweets
02-07-17, 11:51 AM
Never heard of the 60 push ups before.....
Lack of sleep makes my meds useless.