View Full Version : So Alone

Dannyboy54
02-07-17, 03:11 AM
It has been as bad as it can get. Something has changed with my spouse.
It never used to be this bad. I have been and felt so very alone.
I am corrected continually. I am always wrong no matter what I say. I am met with constant anger. I am given a never ending itinerary. I am left alone and ignored. I am expected to be at the ready at all times. I am exhausted.
I love him.
I feel so alone and don't know what to do. Sometimes we talk about breaking up. Even though we love each other we just can't figure this out.
The ADD is bad enough that he cannot recognize it in any stressful situation and it just spins out of control. He cannot see that "he" can't fix this himself on his own.
I don't sleep with worry, I am so scared and stressed. I am traumatized from the
unintentional abuse.
I have told nobody. I am alone in this.
Is there hope? What can I do?

sarahsweets
02-07-17, 11:32 AM
It has been as bad as it can get. Something has changed with my spouse.
It never used to be this bad. I have been and felt so very alone.
I am corrected continually. I am always wrong no matter what I say. I am met with constant anger. I am given a never ending itinerary. I am left alone and ignored. I am expected to be at the ready at all times. I am exhausted.
I love him.
At the very least this sounds like emotional abuse and/or the precursor to something more abuse-wise. Very often the abuser will try and isolate their victim and set parameters and expectations.

I feel so alone and don't know what to do. Sometimes we talk about breaking up. Even though we love each other we just can't figure this out.
The ADD is bad enough that he cannot recognize it in any stressful situation and it just spins out of control. He cannot see that "he" can't fix this himself on his own.
So he has the adhd? What is he trying to do to "fix" it on his own?

I don't sleep with worry, I am so scared and stressed. I am traumatized from the
unintentional abuse.
I have told nobody. I am alone in this.
Is there hope? What can I do?

IMO you need counseling first and foremost to help guide you in what to do.

AnnaTjacks
02-10-17, 01:51 PM
There is hope. The fact that you both love each other is enough to get help outside of yourselves. I pray that you find the right direction.

sarahsweets
02-16-17, 06:59 AM
There is hope. The fact that you both love each other is enough to get help outside of yourselves. I pray that you find the right direction.

Abuse is not love. Love cant change abuse. Hope is something that requires moving away from abuse.