View Full Version : Want to switch pdocs, how should I go about it?

cartertevin5@gm
02-08-17, 10:41 AM
I am currently being prescribed by seroquel for paranoia and to help me sleep, klonopin for anxiety, and clondine for hypertension and to take along with my adderall from one pdoc and adderall 20 mg x2 a day and 5 mg booster at night from another pdoc. My pdoc the prescribes me the seroquel, klonopin, and clondine is much closer to me, cheaper over all, is right next to my school, and is MUCH less of a hassle to get a hold of [my current adderall pdoc only works nights, just like me, so I have to move heaven and earth to get to him and even then it's a LONG *** WAIT]. What I am asking is if it's possible or better advice on getting my pdoc that presies me the other 3 medications to prescribe me my adderall in edition. I dont like having 2 pdocs.

Is it the case that once I have a pdoc that prescribes me adderall im stuck with that one pdoc forever? How should I go about getting a new pdoc closer and more convenient for me? It'd be great if my other pdoc could prescribe me all my medications. It says on his site he treat ADHD, why might he say no?

I filled my current prescription of adderall AT HIS UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL and will bring my current script still filled with pills that is due for a refill tmmrw. Can I GET ANY ADVICE HERE?

GoalieMel33
02-08-17, 06:18 PM
Would it be possible to have the office of the pdoc who treats your ADHD transfer your medical file to the other clinic? If you have an official diagnosis and he gets access to your treatment history, maybe he will be more open to resume your current medication.

Whatever is prescribed really depends on each doctor, their experience/knowledge (sometimes they have 1st choice preferences), their perception of you (do they believe you have the condition), their views, your budget (if you tell them), etc. Some doctors let their patients have a say on what meds are tried while others are less flexible and will prefer to decide.

As for the reasons why he might be hesitant or refuse, my guesses in your case would be related to hypertension (stimulants increases it as well as heart rate) and the paranoia symptoms (that can be triggered or worsen when they're underlying, i.e mania in bipolar). It doesn't necessarily mean that he can't rx them, but he might be more careful in his approach.

That said, I have hypertension and take meds for it, as well as Concerta. I've never had issues but we made sure my blood pressure was controlled before starting the stimulant. As long as you're honest with professionals you're seing on what meds you take, there won't be confusion and they will be able to manage your situation accordingly.

sarahsweets
02-09-17, 04:50 AM
I am currently being prescribed by seroquel for paranoia and to help me sleep, klonopin for anxiety, and clondine for hypertension and to take along with my adderall from one pdoc and adderall 20 mg x2 a day and 5 mg booster at night from another pdoc. My pdoc the prescribes me the seroquel, klonopin, and clondine is much closer to me, cheaper over all, is right next to my school, and is MUCH less of a hassle to get a hold of [my current adderall pdoc only works nights, just like me, so I have to move heaven and earth to get to him and even then it's a LONG *** WAIT]. What I am asking is if it's possible or better advice on getting my pdoc that presies me the other 3 medications to prescribe me my adderall in edition. I dont like having 2 pdocs.
How did you end up with 2 docs? Is it because you have one when you are home from school and one for when you are at school?

Is it the case that once I have a pdoc that prescribes me adderall im stuck with that one pdoc forever? How should I go about getting a new pdoc closer and more convenient for me? It'd be great if my other pdoc could prescribe me all my medications. It says on his site he treat ADHD, why might he say no?
You have the right to switch docs whenever you want, you are not tied to the one who first prescribed your adderall. Do they each know you see the other for different meds?

I filled my current prescription of adderall AT HIS UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL and will bring my current script still filled with pills that is due for a refill tmmrw. Can I GET ANY ADVICE HERE?
Well, you should be able to streamline both docs once you decided which one youd rather stick with.