View Full Version : Favorite healthy desserts

acdc01
02-09-17, 02:24 PM
I just realized something about desserts and cravings. I usually already don't eat desserts all that often at home since I don't stock my refrigerator with them. But I found that if I eat a healthy dessert in the morning and lunch, I don't even feel the temptation to order a dessert if I go out to eat at a restaurant on occasion for dinner. So, I've decided not to cut out desserts at all, but eat desserts MORE often and just make them healthy desserts.

So, I'm wondering what healthy desserts you guys like to eat so I can get some more ideas?

Right now, I often eat chia seed pudding for breakfast in the morning. It's pretty much as healthy as oatmeal (maybe even healthier) and this healthy thing actually tastes like a desert when you put some brown sugar, vanilla, fruit, nuts, and/or honey in it. I don't feel bad about using the brown sugar/honey cause when I looked at the calories, it's actually not much - just like buying flavored oatmeal. It's a little expensive so I usually wait for a sale and buy in bulk.

Fruits always a great desert too. Topping fruit with a little chocolate syrup makes it even better on days when I feel I want a little extra. Much lower in calories than if I ended up giving in to my cravings and got a chocolate cake.

Little Missy
02-09-17, 03:56 PM
or...Real Maple Syrup:D

acdc01
02-10-17, 03:36 PM
or...Real Maple Syrup:D

Oh yeah, that's good too. Seems like a lot of healthy things coated in a thin layer of sugary goodness is always good.

dvdnvwls
02-10-17, 03:46 PM
Flavoured oatmeal is always less good tasting than regular oatmeal that you put your own "good stuff" into. The only advantage of the flavoured stuff is convenience - which, let's be honest, sometimes matters.

Maple syrup is great, but don't overestimate its benefits compared to plain sugar. The hype surrounding it is far overdone.

20thcenturyfox
02-13-17, 04:42 AM
With or without dates & Grand Marnier. Peel the oranges with a knife before slicing (catching the extra juice in a bowl), heap on some halved seeded grapes, top with pecan halves. Best made a little ahead to let the pecans and dates, if any, macerate in the juice from the oranges and Grand Marnier if any. No extra sugar required.

aeon
02-13-17, 09:11 PM
I know this probably isn't helpful, but I cannot help but suggest tiramisu, and to have a smaller portion.

Cheers,
Ian

sarahsweets
02-14-17, 04:47 AM
dark chocolate thats 70% or more cacao.

cobain67
02-14-17, 03:09 PM
Quest Protein Bars - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough specifically.