View Full Version : Adderall and 'microfocus'

excelsior
02-10-17, 04:02 PM
I take Adderall in conjunction with Prozac. Before, I was taking Concerta, and before that, Ritalin.

Adderall and Prozac turned out to be the right combination for me. I'm MUCH more focused at work, at home, and I'm less depressed.

But, occasionally, I'll SET TRIP. It's like OCD.

Like when I'm cleaning, I'll fret and dwell over every SINGLE spoon and fork, when other stuff needs doing-like the litter box.

I'll say or write strange things, too.

dvdnvwls
02-10-17, 04:05 PM
Either you're having caffeine or other stimulants (don't) or your Adderall dosage is on the high side (get it lowered).

Lizzie80
02-27-17, 02:27 AM
I take Adderall in conjunction with Prozac. Before, I was taking Concerta, and before that, Ritalin.

Adderall and Prozac turned out to be the right combination for me. I'm MUCH more focused at work, at home, and I'm less depressed.

But, occasionally, I'll SET TRIP. It's like OCD.

Like when I'm cleaning, I'll fret and dwell over every SINGLE spoon and fork, when other stuff needs doing-like the litter box.

I'll say or write strange things, too.

It'd be nice if the human body or brain were consistent pieces of machinery, but they just aren't. Or if we could find a way around the inconsistencies 100% of the time, but that's impossible. You're going to have wonky days here and there whether medicated or unmedicated.

Your dosage of any and all medications could be just right for you, but hormonal fluctuations, diet, sleep, hydration, exercise, job worries, relationship woes and many more things could set off annoying side effects here and there. I would only really be terribly concerned about the dosage or type of medication being wrong if the behavior is potentially dangerous and/or you're experiencing them constantly. If the OCD thing was happening day in and day out, for example. If it's only an occasional thing, it's not incapacitating or endangering you, and you can discover no pattern to the off days, I'd suggest just trying to live with the strange that occurs periodically.