View Full Version : A Question About Hair

salleh
02-10-17, 04:57 PM
......I am asking people who might know something about this .....but here's the story......I have had long(ish these days) hair most of my life.....and it's baby baby fine, but people doing my hair have always told me I have a LOT of hairs ..... ....it seems that it is tangling a lot more than it used to .....and whenever I comb it, I end up pulling out what seems like a lot of hairs .....10 to 20 hairs fall out by themselves a day or so .....the ones I am losing are firmly attached until my comb hits a tangle ......:eyebrow:

........at 66, it occurs to me that maybe my hair isn't going to renew itself as fast as it used to ....and if I cut it ( which would be hard to do, I don't really want to) it would probably reduce the tangles and I wouldn't end up pulling it out by the roots ( literally) ....does hair ever grow back when you've removed the root ? ....:scratch:

....and however hard it would be to cut my hair, it would be far better than pulling it all out bit by bit ....:umm1:

...Certainly hope this makes some sense ......

midnightstar
02-10-17, 05:04 PM
I thought it was normal for hairs to come out when you brush them?

Fuzzy12
02-10-17, 06:02 PM
Yes hair grows back qhen you remove the root. In fact removing the root in creases blood circulation to the follicle which may make the hair stronger.

It's normal to lose about 100 hair a day I think.if not more.

Lunacie
02-10-17, 06:11 PM
I also have very fine hair and discovered the wet brush a couple of years ago.
I love it whether my hair is wet or dry. It's the only brush we can use on my
autistic granddaughter.

That's the brand name, but there are lots of knock offs. I got one at DollarTree.

The bristles are spaced further apart and they're tipped with tiny little blobs of
plastic so they don't dig into the scrap, but just give it a lovely massage.

midnightstar
02-10-17, 06:30 PM
I also have very fine hair and discovered the wet brush a couple of years ago.
I love it whether my hair is wet or dry. It's the only brush we can use on my
autistic granddaughter.

That's the brand name, but there are lots of knock offs. I got one at DollarTree.

The bristles are spaced further apart and they're tipped with tiny little blobs of
plastic so they don't dig into the scrap, but just give it a lovely massage.

Personally, I cannot use the brushes with plastic bobbly bits on the end. I can only use the ones without them (the bobbly bits feel "wrong" :o )

salleh
02-10-17, 09:23 PM
cool ! thanks guys .....'preciate this .... I use one of those big giant wide toothed combs.....YAYAYA I don't have to cut my hair unless I get a serious urge to get another shag......( the last time I cut my hair a bit short ....) .....it used to be a good hair style for me, but I was much younger and thinner then .....much much younger ....like 22

Little Missy
02-10-17, 09:40 PM
Sometimes a nice undercut shoulder length or slightly above can be SO easy. Its just long enough to pull back, put up, or wear down without looking haggy. No need for drying, you can always curl it if you want to, or not even. A headband keeps it out of the way for small work or heat.

I lose SO much hair. Always have. It just keeps getting thicker.

salleh
02-10-17, 11:34 PM
My hair won't let anything stay in it .....everything slides out .....and I hate headbands .....way too Margaret Mary Morrow ....( a VERY prim girl in my elementary school class.....of course she grew up to be a federal judge, sworn in by Bill CLinton, so she has been a federal judge since she was in her 30s, AND head of the California Bar ***. ) ....and I don't like to mess with my hair ....I don't blow it dry, I just let it dry, .....and it always waves at an awkward place .....if it behaved itself, and fell to my shoulders, and just tucked under, that'd be fine, but it won't ....it'll do a wave and a half and stop 1/2 way through a wave, in the worst possible spot ....I wear bangs because my hair grows straight down above my forehead and will insist on doing so unless I hook it behind my ears, and my mother gave me a complex about doing that as she insisted that it made my ears look big .....

jeesh, what seemed to be a simple question sure got out of hand didn't it ???

story of my life,......ain't nothing simple ......

Little Missy
02-11-17, 07:58 AM
oh, I get it salleh. My hair is very heavy and curly so the headband holds, etc.

You must have cowlicks, why are they even called that?? that would explain the need for bangs. Hair is a real drag. I do not dry mine or fuss. My cowlicks keep it off of my face and it ends up looking like water buffalo horns if I have bangs. :lol:

Lunacie
02-11-17, 12:03 PM
My hair won't let anything stay in it .....everything slides out .....and I hate headbands .....way too Margaret Mary Morrow ....( a VERY prim girl in my elementary school class.....of course she grew up to be a federal judge, sworn in by Bill CLinton, so she has been a federal judge since she was in her 30s, AND head of the California Bar ***. ) ....and I don't like to mess with my hair ....I don't blow it dry, I just let it dry, .....and it always waves at an awkward place .....if it behaved itself, and fell to my shoulders, and just tucked under, that'd be fine, but it won't ....it'll do a wave and a half and stop 1/2 way through a wave, in the worst possible spot ....I wear bangs because my hair grows straight down above my forehead and will insist on doing so unless I hook it behind my ears, and my mother gave me a complex about doing that as she insisted that it made my ears look big .....

jeesh, what seemed to be a simple question sure got out of hand didn't it ???

story of my life,......ain't nothing simple ......

I can use a claw clip or a scrunchy when my hair is long, but a headband
won't stay on my head, it's just shaped oddly I guess. Not to mention with
my sensory issues I hate the feeling of a headband (or a hat).

oh, I get it salleh. My hair is very heavy and curly so the headband holds, etc.

You must have cowlicks, why are they even called that?? that would explain the need for bangs. Hair is a real drag. I do not dry mine or fuss. My cowlicks keep it off of my face and it ends up looking like water buffalo horns if I have bangs. :lol:

I never had a cowlick until about 5 years ago, but my hair is just Salleh's and
hangs in my eyes unless I cut it in bangs.

I developed a "dent" in my skull about 5 years ago. No one seems to know
why these happen to some people. It's just in back of where a baby's fontanel
(soft spot) is at. And instead of making my hair stick up, it lays flat on each
side of the dent. Cutting my hair really short sort of disguises it. But the
hairdresser called it a cowlick.