View Full Version : euphoria and low

ogryyy
02-11-17, 04:44 AM
Hi all.
So, i have been taking ritalin LA 30 mg for my add for the past year or so.
In general, its been a great help for me to be able to sit down and study but i have a little anoying problem.
So about 30 min fater taking it, i start feeling very very happy/motivated. This feeling lasts for about 45 mins. Then, all at once, it drops to a point where i feel the exact opposite for a while... Down and totaly unmotivated to do anything. This feeling also lasts for about an hour... Then it sort passes but not totaly. I am able to concentrate but i dont have the motivation i get at beginning.
Does anyone else experiance that? Is there a way to keep the motivation?
Thanks.

DJ Bill
02-12-17, 11:37 AM
One 30 mg pill a day? Might ask the doc if IR might be better, spaced throughout the day.
Don't expect that you'll have 16 motivated waking hours tho. I take 10/10/10 on a 3-4 hour spacing, and then I'm on my own for the rest of the day. I'm not experiencing euphoria, but there is about an hour between doses where I notice productivity and motivation take a slide. Basically I'm good between 10 and 6.

RJV1989
02-15-17, 12:12 AM
I take IR Ritalin. Two 10mg pills in the morning and then one 10mg at 2pm. This combo lasts about 3-4 hours for me.

sarahsweets
02-17-17, 05:22 AM
Hi all.
So, i have been taking ritalin LA 30 mg for my add for the past year or so.
In general, its been a great help for me to be able to sit down and study but i have a little anoying problem.
So about 30 min fater taking it, i start feeling very very happy/motivated. This feeling lasts for about 45 mins. Then, all at once, it drops to a point where i feel the exact opposite for a while... Down and totaly unmotivated to do anything. This feeling also lasts for about an hour... Then it sort passes but not totaly. I am able to concentrate but i dont have the motivation i get at beginning.
Does anyone else experiance that? Is there a way to keep the motivation?
Thanks.

I know for me, ritalin was the drug that caused the most mood issues and they were very distinct and noticeable. I also did not experience the kind of task initiation like I do with amphetamines. I also noticed that not to long after taking it, sustaining focus was more difficult. That doesnt mean that ritalin isnt right for you.
I read this:

Immediate release Ritalin reaches peak levels in the blood in about 2 hours and the half-life of this form ritalin is between 1-3 hours. The extended release version of Ritalin (Ritalin SR) is meant to work throughout the day, but lasts for about 8 hours. The half-life of Ritalin SR is an average of 3.5 hours.
This isnt manufacturer info and the SR is a different form of long acting ritalin but other than concerta, I believe the long lasting forms of ritalin are all similar. SO in theory, you would need more than one dose or at least a booster dose.
The important thing to note is you should not be looking for euphoria with any of these meds.