View Full Version : any yoga enthusiasts?

distracted3737
02-11-17, 11:29 AM
yoga is all about learning to focus your attention, very helpful for us ADDers: has anyone else found this useful? do you struggle with getting down to the mat? what are your favorite poses? how's your practice going and have you managed to squeeze some in yet today?

sarahsweets
02-16-17, 06:50 AM
I used to do yoga for exercise and loved it. I cant afford it now. I think being active mildly and practicing serenity can be a good route for adhd. If I could afford it I would enroll in regular classes.

GoalieMel33
02-17-17, 08:34 PM
I'm not taking yoga classes right now but I had the chance to try it in the past. I really liked it and found it more fun/active than meditation for example.

I still have to learn to slow down my movements and struggle with coordination (clumsiness, positioning/mimicking the techniques, etc) and flexibility (I'm pretty fit but some parts like shoulders are very stiff). Overall my experience was beneficial. I left relaxed and calmer, my muscle didn't feel as tight.

Having the time and money for that activity (I already workout at the gym), I would definitely do it again. Some yoga poses are actually part of my ab/misc routine, like the cobra, lying leg hug, seated forward bend, superman, cat/cow, standing mountain (eyes closed), etc. I perform these before bed everyday, it helps me settle down.

My favorite one would probably the seated forward bend, when my back is warmed up I can stretch enough to reach my knees with my stomach. Sometimes I also watch videos on Youtube while following the routine.

I'd like to learn to do the crow pose someday but I'm not sure I have the upper body strength and balance to pull that one off for now haha.