View Full Version : noise blocking machines and glasses that block "lights"

baical
02-11-17, 05:38 PM
I noticed that when a drone sound is on (like my AC or the bathroom fan), I'm able to focus well with my activites. Does anyone here know if there's such a thing for sale that is like a noise generating machine? Are these called a white noise machine? These are being marketed as to increase productivity. I find it to be true since that's how I am when my AC fan is on. Something about the sound of drony/white noise makes my mind focused.

Regarding eyewear; those glasses being sold to block blue lights from digital screens were said to help bi polar patients. I'm not bi polar but I find that it's helping me be in a good mood. Has anyone here ever tried those types of glasses? They usually have orange or amber colored lenses.

I also find that wearing clear glasses during public outing lessens my anxiety as well, as if I was "invisible". Sun glasses doesn't do this as much since it only calls out attention to my self for looking "cool". Those clear sunglasses tend to make me feel less anxious. I don't know why this is but I'm experimenting into buying a reading glasses to see if I can focus on my reading with it. I see them in different formats like bifocal or multifocal. Are these considered prescription grade? I don't want to ruin my eyes. I know some of those prescription lenses can make your eyes appear "weird" after you wear them for a long time then took them off. :giggle:

namazu
02-13-17, 03:18 AM
Yes -- it is possible to find/purchase "white noise" machines and blue light-blocking glasses quite readily online and in some stores.

There are also software programs (one free one is called "Flux") that will shift the color balance of your computer monitor at night to reduce blue light.

Buying bifocal lenses or other reading glasses that are more than clear lenses is unlikely to help, and may give you a headache, if you don't actually require them; they do bend the light. It is possible to obtain eyeglass frames with optically-clear/neutral lenses if you just want them for the psychological effect (like a "thinking cap" or social-anxiety reducer).

burger
02-19-17, 12:14 AM
I noticed that when a drone sound is on (like my AC or the bathroom fan), I'm able to focus well with my activites. Does anyone here know if there's such a thing for sale that is like a noise generating machine? Are these called a white noise machine? These are being marketed as to increase productivity. I find it to be true since that's how I am when my AC fan is on. Something about the sound of drony/white noise makes my mind focused.

I am guessing maybe something like binaural beats or one of the variations might be something close to what you are looking for. I think you need to wear head phones though. There's lots on youtube.

Luvmybully
02-19-17, 01:24 PM
I got my white noise machine from Amazon. It is wonderful!

I have no idea about the glasses, though.

baical
03-01-17, 08:17 AM
I got this one from another site:

https://images10.newegg.com/ProductImage/A2R7_1_201703021040290560.jpg

It has 6 different sounds including white noise. When I go to sleep I turn on the ocean surf sound. Puts me in relaxation mode before I sleep. Very nice. Additional sounds are available for purchase as well.

I got my white noise machine from Amazon. It is wonderful!

I have no idea about the glasses, though.