View Full Version : Concerta vs. Ritalin

greenmachine
02-13-17, 06:19 PM
I am considering switching back to Concerta from Ritalin. The reason is that I am fairly busy and I will occasionally miss a dose of Ritalin and that can cause issue focusing. My concern with switching is I remember having crashes about 8 - 10 hours after taking it with both the 27 mg and 36 mg. The type of crash I am talking about is irritability, depression, and just lack of desire to do anything beyond sit on the couch. I don't have the same issue with the Ritalin I take every 4 hours. Has anyone else had the same issue with Concerta?

dvdnvwls
02-13-17, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Have you discussed this with your doctor? They might have a good solution.

C15H25N3O
02-13-17, 09:05 PM
A long lasting med can be comfortable but I would prefer Ritalin IR dosage adjustability.

I used to take this dosage pattern: 20, 10, 10, (10), 5 mg. The last 5 mg I used to take

before going to bed to avoid insomnia and I had my rebound while sleeping.

sarahsweets
02-17-17, 05:37 AM
I am considering switching back to Concerta from Ritalin. The reason is that I am fairly busy and I will occasionally miss a dose of Ritalin and that can cause issue focusing. My concern with switching is I remember having crashes about 8 - 10 hours after taking it with both the 27 mg and 36 mg. The type of crash I am talking about is irritability, depression, and just lack of desire to do anything beyond sit on the couch. I don't have the same issue with the Ritalin I take every 4 hours. Has anyone else had the same issue with Concerta?

I think alot of people have this issue with all long acting meds but from experience, I noticed it more with the methylphenidate class of medication.
I know with any long acting med I have ever taken I needed a booster dose of something else.