View Full Version : Happy Valentines Day everyone (aka Singles Awareness Day)

midnightstar
02-14-17, 03:52 PM
Hope those with partners/married have had a nice day and spoiled each other and I hope it's been tolerable (at worst) for those of us who are single :grouphug:

Fuzzy12
02-14-17, 04:05 PM
Happy v day :grouphug:

midnightstar
02-14-17, 04:07 PM
My valentines day "gift" was a toy mouse from Tigger and a meow from Ebony :lol:

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 04:12 PM
Oh, it's valentines day? What's that then? :scratch:

midnightstar
02-14-17, 04:17 PM
Oh, it's valentines day? What's that then? :scratch:

Basically the story goes something along the lines of some guy called "Valentine" got thrown in jail by the Romans (I think) and he fell in love with the daughter of the head guard and sent her a card saying he loved her and signed it off with "from your Valentine"

How true this story is I have no idea - I wasn't alive at the time :D

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 04:19 PM
Basically the story goes something along the lines of some guy called "Valentine" got thrown in jail by the Romans (I think) and he fell in love with the daughter of the head guard and sent her a card saying he loved her and signed it off with "from your Valentine"

How true this story is I have no idea - I wasn't alive at the time :D

Then she sent him a card back saying "off with yer head!", then it all came to a horrible end? :(

midnightstar
02-14-17, 04:24 PM
Then she sent him a card back saying "off with yer head!", then it all came to a horrible end? :(

No apparently she fought to have him freed then ran off with him and got married (so the story goes) :)

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 04:25 PM
Love is a fiction.

Fuzzy12
02-14-17, 04:29 PM
:lol:

midnightstar
02-14-17, 04:30 PM
Love is a fiction.

Love does exist, even when everything else has gone love will always remain :grouphug:

Love is not for the likes of me though :rolleyes: (unless you count the love of pets <3 ) :D

Ebony and Tigger were my valentines today :)

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 04:31 PM
My valentines day is a chinese takeaway and another pound of flab.

Fuzzy12
02-14-17, 04:36 PM
Love is a fiction.

Love is not fiction. I'm not a big fan of love because I think it comes with too much of pain and too many bonds but I do think it's real.

It's not some big mystery spiritual feeling though. The theory I believe is that feelings of love are linked to the neurotransmitter oxytocin. Oxytocin does quite some amazing things. Most importantly it isn't restricted to romantic love.

Evolutionary love is quite vital I guess.

Fuzzy12
02-14-17, 04:38 PM
Love does exist, even when everything else has gone love will always remain :grouphug:

Love is not for the likes of me though :rolleyes: (unless you count the love of pets <3 ) :D

Ebony and Tigger were my valentines today :)

Of course the love from and for pets counts!! There could be worse valentines that ebony ajd Tigger! ! :grouphug:

dvdnvwls
02-14-17, 04:38 PM
The Chinese observe a single people's day every November 11.

Because 11/11 is written with all ones. :)

midnightstar
02-14-17, 04:42 PM
I came across on youtube the perfect disney song about me but I can't post it because the bit after it would not be allowed on the forum. For those who want to watch it, it's the song that Quasimodo from Hunchback of Notre Dame sings about love when he's in his tower and one of the lyrics is "I knew I'd never know that warm and loving glow though I'd wish with all my might/no face as hideous as my face was ever meant for heaven's light"

dvdnvwls
02-14-17, 04:51 PM
...the point of the scene and the song being just how mistaken that sentiment is.

midnightstar
02-14-17, 05:07 PM
...the point of the scene and the song being just how mistaken that sentiment is.

For me that sentiment from that scene isn't mistaken. and I'm being serious. Nobody would want to even go on a date with someone like me who is a complete mess and the only things keeping me going are my girls. Let alone get into a relationship with someone like me. Considering my issues and I am not referring to magazines that newsagents shops sell.

Yeah I admit I am a sad muppet who still likes disney stuff :o

No crime in that though :)

Not where I live anyways - idk about anywhere else in the world :eyebrow:

And to get back on topic, I already know I won't ever find anyone so there is no point me celebrating valentines day (even if work were making a huge thing about "it's valentines day lets put red hearts up everywhere and turn everything a barely tolerable shade of pink" :eek: :eyebrow:

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 05:18 PM
Nobody would want to even go on a date with someone like me who is a complete mess

and at the same time, you know it isn't true.

Fuzzy12
02-14-17, 05:23 PM
The thing is star that you can't presume tp know eat pther people like. What you think is undesirable might either not matter to someone else ormight be something they find endearing.

There are almost 7 billion humans. 60 mil in the uk. You never know.

If you don't want to be with anyone that's perfectly fine but that's a different topic. Just don't assume that you are undesirable to thr entire human race.

Seriously I kniw couples where I wonder what they sre in each other but obviously they see something.

I just don't understand why someone like you who seems to have so much to give, so many positive traits wouldn't find someone.

I know you've got constraints like you can't move etc but I honestly think it's just a matter of time (and creating opportunities). Forgive me for sounding terribly cliched but you are still very young. Never say never!! Just keep an open mind.

midnightstar
02-14-17, 05:33 PM
and at the same time, you know it isn't true.

Technically it is true :o

Even on dating sites I message back and forth with people then one day they suddenly stop responding. Has happened too many times for it to be a conincidance. I'm not making this up here.

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 05:36 PM
Technically it is true :o

Even on dating sites I message back and forth with people then one day they suddenly stop responding. Has happened too many times for it to be a conincidance. I'm not making this up here.

You mean, you actually get replies?

I gave up on a series of dating websites a while back after getting zero replies from anyone.

Apparently saying something like "Hello. How are you?" makes me a creep to be avoided.

midnightstar
02-14-17, 05:39 PM
You mean, you actually get replies?

I gave up on a series of dating websites a while back after getting zero replies from anyone.

Apparently saying something like "Hello. How are you?" makes me a creep to be avoided.

Depends on the dating site. Some of them I never get replies, others I do get replies but they suddenly disappear on me like they been eaten by the internet black hole. Literally no "I found someone now, good luck" messages, just *poof* gone.

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 05:41 PM
Depends on the dating site. Some of them I never get replies, others I do get replies but they suddenly disappear on me like they been eaten by the internet black hole. Literally no "I found someone now, good luck" messages, just *poof* gone.

Yeah, i've had that and I mean GONE. Their profile quite literally disappears. Like me saying hello to them was enough to put them off online dating. :lol:

:(

midnightstar
02-14-17, 05:47 PM
Yeah, i've had that and I mean GONE. Their profile quite literally disappears. Like me saying hello to them was enough to put them off online dating. :lol:

:(

:grouphug: their loss :)

And someone at work was saying I should just go out down the pub and see if I can pick anyone up there - I'm antisocial and don't drink alcohol either :o

By antisocial I mean I cannot deal with large groups of people. I somehow manage at work but I just can't put myself in that situation outside of work.

Remember bad stuff now so I'll shut up.

Fraser_0762
02-14-17, 05:50 PM
:grouphug: their loss :)

And someone at work was saying I should just go out down the pub and see if I can pick anyone up there - I'm antisocial and don't drink alcohol either :o

By antisocial I mean I cannot deal with large groups of people. I somehow manage at work but I just can't put myself in that situation outside of work.

Remember bad stuff now so I'll shut up.

Yeah, i'm the same. I can barely speak a word out in the open, let alone go up to someone and ask them if they're interested.

Online is the only way for me and that's clearly never going to work. :doh:

midnightstar
02-15-17, 03:22 PM
(To the tune of 12 days of Christmas)

On the second day of Valentines my furry Valentine gave to me:

Two dead Shoe Mice* :eyebrow:

*aka tried to hunt my feet :eek:

acdc01
02-15-17, 04:13 PM
Love your title, singles awareness day. That is totally what it is.

I had 3 people tell me happy Valentine's day and then an awkward pause before changing the subject as most usually continue asking about what plans you have for the day. But with my case, they finally remembered I'm single or I had to change the subject myself.