View Full Version : PLEASE HELP !!! need advice from parents of adhd child

Nathen77
02-18-17, 03:23 AM
I have a son with adhd and anxiety disorder that has a youtube channel called caden08 that we do together opening up blind bags and toy reviews witch is the best time we have together he is happy has fun and easy time with each other the bad part is that he don't get may views so this kicks in the anxiety disorder so I don't know if any of you kids watch YouTube or have a YouTube channel with the same problem that can give me advice please take a look at the channel or have your kids look at the channel to see if we need to stop we have the greatest I'm making the videos but then things at kicks in if he doesn't get any views so please help me I'll put the link in description I'm not sure if you're allowed to but the channel is caden08 https://youtu.be/Du9qDkD5lUQ please help me give me the answers if you can

sarahsweets
02-23-17, 02:11 PM
Get him off the internet! Especially youtube where people can be brutal and leave horrible comments and you can count how many people have viewed your stuff. Nothing is worse for self esteem then social media that allows negative comments. Plus, its hard for a kid to not take lack of views as a personal reflection of how he is as a person. Social media took the playground and cafeteria politics of school, and opened them up for everyone to see and bully, taunt, and make fun of. Instead of worrying about your school friends spreading rumors, you have to worry about your entire town knowing your business and getting to have an opinion about it. Not to mention the sickos that are predators.

I dont care how great something that a kid does or can do, I wouldnt allow any kid to be in videos or perform in them until at a minimum- 16. Not to mention that the last thing a kid needs is MORE screen time.

I am not anti social media but when a kid is to young to have that thick skin built up and defend himself, its like letting him enter a warzone unarmed.

Caco3girl
02-23-17, 04:23 PM
If anyone is interested the channel does appear to be exactly as described.

Now to the poster....setting your kid up to have anxiety above the norm...well...it's not the brightest idea. He should be doing things that depend on his actions and what he can do and accomplish. Depending on the internet population is never a good plan.

Can HE complete the jigsaw puzzle?
Can HE complete the level of the game?
Can HE complete.....etc....

depending on others for your own self worth is a recipe for disaster.

Little Missy
02-23-17, 05:38 PM
Personally, the whole thing creeps me out but what do I know? And you are advertising. With your child.

dvdnvwls
02-23-17, 05:52 PM
Stop putting things on the internet and continue the fun parts by yourselves at home.

Cyllya
02-24-17, 12:15 AM
Making youtube videos is fine (although you might want to disable the comments), but this is probably a good time to talk about how becoming an overnight internet celebrity is harder than it seems and it's okay if his hit count is low. At the same time, almost all content creators are a little bummed that their hit count isn't higher, so while you want to intervene if he's freaking out, don't feel like you have to "fix" it just because he expresses disappointment.

JessicaC306
04-10-17, 04:19 AM
Yes, I do agree.
Making youtube videos is fine (although you might want to disable the comments), but this is probably a good time to talk about how becoming an overnight internet celebrity is harder than it seems and it's okay if his hit count is low. At the same time, almost all content creators are a little bummed that their hit count isn't higher, so while you want to intervene if he's freaking out, don't feel like you have to "fix" it just because he expresses disappointment.