View Full Version : Keeping track when tired

willow129
02-19-17, 01:15 PM
Complain: Doing a big festival gig this weekend, had late night sets both nights, staying at a hotel and got woken up by somebody's idiotic car alarm both mornings and didn't get back to sleep. I'm absolutely WASTED tired right now. :(:(:(

Took my pill but then had moment of panic... I can't remember if I took one already. Just, I was going to take one but then I got my iPad out and read something, and then I took pill, but...did I actually take one before iPad reading?!? Agh...I have these blanks in my memory, I freak out because I do things without realizing I've done them all the time, and constantly when I'm tired.

Has anyone ever accidentally taken 2 doses of their meds? I'm probably fine but I definitely worry about it, does anyone have a system to help keep track when you're still bleary with sleep? And also, what DO you do if you accidentally take 2?? I'm on 30 mg XR I feel like that would be CRAZY

willow129
02-19-17, 01:19 PM
Sorry, I know the obvious answer to the last question is to call doctor, I'm just tired and being anxious. But I would like to know your systems for keepin track. Thanks :)

Fraser_0762
02-19-17, 01:41 PM
Well even if you have taken double the dosage, it's not going to cause you any major harm. You will of course feel the effects much more though and it could feel somewhat uncomfortable until it wears off.

My grandad (who suffers from alzheimers) used to use a pill tray with a tray for each day of the week. You load the pills into them at the end of each week and you'll know you've taken the medication for that day when the tray is empty.

Swissy
02-19-17, 02:04 PM
I think its fine, especially if you are already exhausted as I don't think the meds would be very effective. You could always drink some OJ to make it less effective in the event you did take two pills.

dvdnvwls
02-19-17, 05:23 PM
I use those box/tray things with the days of the week marked on them, just like Fraser described. Works for me.

C15H25N3O
02-19-17, 06:54 PM
When I was not sure if I have taken a pill I would wait the span it usually takes
to starts working. If no effect begins someone should not have taken a pill.
Amphetamines also work when being completely exhausted and when I missed
a whole night of sleep.

Little Missy
02-19-17, 06:58 PM
Sorry, I know the obvious answer to the last question is to call doctor, I'm just tired and being anxious. But I would like to know your systems for keepin track. Thanks :)

Just count the remaining ones.

sarahsweets
02-20-17, 05:36 AM
I am a "days of the week"pill case kind of girl. I found a really cool one on amazon where each day is its own individual box that locks into a whole case so if you have to grab a day's worth and go you can.I can pm you a link if you want. Just to note- its just a case I found while searching amazon. Not some gimick that I am trying to promote or whatever. Its just been the best one I have ever personally used.

aeon
02-20-17, 12:07 PM
I am a "days of the week"pill case kind of girl. I found a really cool one on amazon where each day is its own individual box that locks into a whole case so if you have to grab a day's worth and go you can.I can pm you a link if you want. Just to note- its just a case I found while searching amazon. Not some gimick that I am trying to promote or whatever. Its just been the best one I have ever personally used.

I know the one you are speaking of, and it is very well designed.

Cheers,
Ian

Little Nut
02-20-17, 04:33 PM
I use those box/tray things with the days of the week marked on them, just like Fraser described. Works for me.

Yeah, what he said, but a separate one just for the Dexedrine, I take multiple doses throughout the day.

willow129
02-21-17, 04:09 PM
Ooh thanks everyone! See I would like something that could fit in my purse/be small for traveling, that's why I hadn't investigated days of the week pill holder things before. But I think it would be the best solution for me. Sarah will you send me a link?

(I have done the counting what's in the bottle before but I couldn't remember when I got it filled, which happens sometimes, and like yesterday I was so tired I forgot pill completely cuz I was sleeping a lot, and today forgot again cuz so tired, and had big emotional upheaval last night and was at friend's but now at home......anyway

dvdnvwls
02-21-17, 04:48 PM
Counting all the pills left, out of the blue one day, is not reliable. What if you forgot to take one last week, but didn't forget today? If you're going to rely on pill count, you must do written daily record keeping.

namazu
02-21-17, 04:56 PM
I agree with the pill organizer suggestions above.

The one I use -- I bought about 12 of them before I had to go abroad for 3 months -- looks like this:
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ucqqApSJrGrKxKkOebko5gEsEs&w=212&h=212&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7
Each day has a 3-slot thingy, so I can put morning, afternoon, and evening meds in, and then each day's thingy fits into a case that holds a week's worth of daily thingies.

There are other designs, with more (or fewer) compartments per day, monthly instead of weekly, etc.

With this type of set-up, you can take 1 days' worth with you in your pocket or bag. (Caution: if not kept in a tight space, compartments that weren't closed completely can open up by accident.)

For me -- at least, those months when I fill this as soon as I pick up my prescriptions -- this helps solve a couple of problems:
- Did I take my meds? (Is it still in there? If so, no. If not, I took it already!)
- What day of the week is it, again?! ;)

dvdnvwls
02-21-17, 05:11 PM
("Written record keeping" for pill count purposes could be just a list of dates with room for check marks. But if you ever ever take a pill and forget to put the check mark, the whole thing is ruined. Not an ideal method.)