View Full Version : Interesting Question

cobain67
02-19-17, 02:53 PM
I have a curiousity regarding others' experiences since starting meds.

Since you've begun stimulant medications, to those who take them, or, those who have taken them and since stopped, how have you noticed your financial circumstances shift, if at all? As in, material abundance, financial wellness, savings accumulation, etc.?

Do you notice your financial situation and abundance materially improved while medicated or challenged further? What about your ability to save what you do receive?

I ask these questions as I believe all things are energy, and while this may be crazy talk to those who don't follow what I'm saying (respectfully put), I am curious as to personal feedback from any and all as to their own accounts of being medicated, self-control, savings, etc. vs. unmedicated.

Many thanks!:thankyou:

dvdnvwls
02-19-17, 05:22 PM
There are so many confounding variables that it's impossible for me to even give a sensible answer.

Pilgrim
02-19-17, 09:58 PM
I think putting in the right habbits will eventually leed to long term success. Without Stimulints I really doubt it. There's a lot of work in between.

sarahsweets
02-20-17, 05:39 AM
I dont understand how meds can increase material wealth. I suppose you can be more motivated or conscientious but still.....

Swissy
02-20-17, 08:23 AM
The only way you will make more money on meds is if it helps you keep a job. Many of us have successful careers thanks to hyperfocus, and might mess up occasionally due to hyperfocus. Some of us are successful at work because so much is going on at once that our ADD brains are gleeful to hop around to different tasks to keep it all going. Some of us do worse when things get dull and there isn't much to do because it is then we can get distracted by shiny things things that have nothing to do with our jobs.

So personally, no, meds have not increased my $$ because I have always done well at work (with a few errors here and there, but that could be attributed to being human.)

sarahsweets
02-20-17, 09:25 AM
The only way you will make more money on meds is if it helps you keep a job. Many of us have successful careers thanks to hyperfocus, and might mess up occasionally due to hyperfocus. Some of us are successful at work because so much is going on at once that our ADD brains are gleeful to hop around to different tasks to keep it all going. Some of us do worse when things get dull and there isn't much to do because it is then we can get distracted by shiny things things that have nothing to do with our jobs.

So personally, no, meds have not increased my $$ because I have always done well at work (with a few errors here and there, but that could be attributed to being human.)

And some of us are unlucky, or impaired severely enough to not be able to get or keep a job which obviously makes material things and monetary wealth unlikely.

Pilgrim
02-20-17, 10:55 PM
I say it from my point of view because I'm more in tune. With meds it's not easy but though.

cobain67
02-21-17, 01:02 AM
More in tune on meds I presume?

And thank you for the replies thus far.

sarahsweets
02-21-17, 07:17 AM
Another thing...even with meds, I am unable to work due to the bipolar and adhd. I am on disability so my income level has been drastically reduced.