View Full Version : pharmacy gave me wrong med

baical
02-20-17, 02:45 PM
I'm prescribed dextroamphetamine 5 mg twice daily but from the looks of it the pharmacy seem to have given me a different pill. I think it's Adderall but is it XR or not?

It's a blue round pill with a logo COR 130. It's from Corepharma. Is it XR or quick release? I don't mind the mistake so I can finally try Adderall and see how it differs from Vyvanse and Dexedrine. Do I take this twice daily as prescribed as well or if it's the XR, should I avoid taking it twice daily? It's 5 mg.

aeon
02-20-17, 03:22 PM
Take it back and get your proper med.

That is mixed amphetamine salts, i.e., IR Adderall.

Do not take any, and return those at once.

Cheers,
Ian

Fraser_0762
02-20-17, 03:30 PM
What Ian said.

It doesn't matter what it is. All that matters is that you know what it's not. Return it and get the correct prescription.

Swissy
02-20-17, 05:54 PM
Happened to me except I was given propranolol instead of adderall! Take it back.

sarahsweets
02-21-17, 05:32 AM
I'm prescribed dextroamphetamine 5 mg twice daily but from the looks of it the pharmacy seem to have given me a different pill. I think it's Adderall but is it XR or not?

It's a blue round pill with a logo COR 130. It's from Corepharma. Is it XR or quick release? I don't mind the mistake so I can finally try Adderall and see how it differs from Vyvanse and Dexedrine. Do I take this twice daily as prescribed as well or if it's the XR, should I avoid taking it twice daily? It's 5 mg.

First of all, thats terrifying. What if they were supposed to give you an antibiotic that wasnt penicillin because you were allergic to it, but you still got the penicillin? That could kill you and they need to know if mistakes like this are made.
If its a pill and not a capsule then it is not adderall xr. If you want to try adderall then ask your doc. What if you have a reaction to it?

baical
02-21-17, 09:28 AM
Pill: IR

Capsule: XR

Right?

My doc is lazy. He seem to hesitate in letting me try anything new or ground breaking. It's actually possible now to be prescribed Ketamine nasal sprays for depression at a compounding pharmacy yet my doctor isn't exactly assertive or a fan of such experimental (but validated) approach to treatment.

baical
02-21-17, 09:31 AM
Maybe the hand writing on the prescription was bad? That's still way off, 2 completely different drug class. I think the mistake here was possibly my prescription said amphetamine or perhaps the pharmacist thought they were interchangeable like Pepsi to Coke. :giggle:

Happened to me except I was given propranolol instead of adderall! Take it back.

baical
02-21-17, 09:32 AM
you ever taken these? How is it compared to Dexedrine IR?

Take it back and get your proper med.

That is mixed amphetamine salts, i.e., IR Adderall.

Do not take any, and return those at once.

Cheers,
Ian

Lunacie
02-21-17, 11:41 AM
I don't know if this is what was prescribed to you, but this is what you were given ...

https://www.drugs.com/images/pills/custom/pill12833-1/amphetamine-and-dextroamphetamine.png
Drug: Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Strength: 5 mg
Pill Imprint: cor 130
Color: Blue
Shape: Round
https://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?imprint=+COR+130&color=1&shape=24

Swissy
02-21-17, 11:56 AM
In my case it was an error on the pharmacy. My script was stamped "no mylan product" but the no was faded, so she called the doc. The receptionist spoke with an accent and the pharmacist thought she said "enderoll" instead of "adderall." Luckily I have experience with propranolol and knew it would only lower my already low bp! Otherwise I would have totally thought it was just a generic name.

aeon
02-21-17, 11:58 AM
It's actually possible now to be prescribed Ketamine nasal sprays for depression at a compounding pharmacy yet my doctor isn't exactly assertive or a fan of such experimental (but validated) approach to treatment.

And with good reason.

you ever taken these? How is it compared to Dexedrine IR?

Nope, Iíve never once had a prescription for Adderall/mixed amphetamine salts.

Cheers,
Ian

baical
02-23-17, 11:16 AM
Inderal.

Great for anxiety, beta blocker, blocks all that adrenaline. :D

In my case it was an error on the pharmacy. My script was stamped "no mylan product" but the no was faded, so she called the doc. The receptionist spoke with an accent and the pharmacist thought she said "enderoll" instead of "adderall." Luckily I have experience with propranolol and knew it would only lower my already low bp! Otherwise I would have totally thought it was just a generic name.

Lunacie
02-23-17, 12:24 PM
Inderal.

Great for anxiety, beta blocker, blocks all that adrenaline. :D

Too bad I was allergic to it. Could have taken care of my hypertension and my
anxiety in one shot.