View Full Version : Love language?

sunflower93
02-20-17, 07:59 PM
Have you taken the test to find out what love language is yours? I would love to know your results and whether you have ADHD/ADD.
As for me (non-ADHD) it is quality time.

sarahsweets
02-21-17, 07:19 AM
what kind of test are you talking about?

sunflower93
02-21-17, 07:32 AM
It's called 5 Love Languages, and it's based on a book by Gary Chapman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_Love_Languages).

sarahsweets
02-21-17, 08:27 AM
It's called 5 Love Languages, and it's based on a book by Gary Chapman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_Love_Languages).

Darn. I would take it if I didnt have to give out personal info for results.

aeon
02-21-17, 10:50 AM
I have been diagnosed with ADHD, Primarily Inattentive, severe.

My Love Languages:

Touch
Quality Time
Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Gifts

I don’t remember the individual scores except to say Touch and Quality Time were noticeably higher than Words of Affirmation, Touch was clearly the highest, and that Gifts was zero.

Cheers,
Ian

Johnny Slick
02-21-17, 01:21 PM
I got 9s in Physical Touch and Quality Time. What do I win?

dvdnvwls
02-21-17, 04:58 PM
There's no science behind it, but it seems like it could be a pretty good description anyway. My results are a lot like aeon's - high on touch, zero on gifts.

roxy1983
04-06-17, 10:13 AM
Mine is physical touch and words of affirmation

Sunflower009
04-07-17, 06:30 PM
I have ADHD, and my primary love language is Words of Affirmation (10), Quality TIme was second place (8); I had zero for recieving gifts.

To be honest, I reaaaaalllly struggle with both giving and recieving gifts. I have often gotten mad at boyfriends & now my husband for giving me gifts which I feel like don't make any sense or show they don't really understand me. (Usually flowers, clothes or jewelry, all of which I feel are totally superficial)

I also feel totally stressed out when giving gifts, becuase I don't feel like anything I could possibly choose is genuinely thoughtful. If they really wanted it, wouldn't they have just bought it already? And if I ask, then suddenly the gift isn't really thoughtful anymore, is it?

finallyfound10
04-12-17, 04:30 AM
Highest for me was Words of Affirmation at 10

Second highest was Gift Giving at 9

The lowest was Physical Touch at 2.

I was surprised that Gift Giving was so high for me and not really that surprised that Physical Touch was lowest.