View Full Version : Once a week, same effects?

darthgamer64
02-20-17, 09:27 PM
So I've been on Ritalin since I was 5 and stopped my sophomore year in high school because of the depression. I've tried other drugs with a worse feeling. So in college, I've been having somewhat success with coffee.

I'm done with college about to start my masters in computer science while also working. I decided to give adderall a try seeing as it's so popular in college. It was NOTHING like I felt with ritalin. This stuff is really helpful but from reading everywhere, I'm only going to try and take this once a week (Sunday) to get the big work done (school and learning to code). The feeling is similar to 5 hour energy except less jitter, more control and longer lasting.

Reading on, I have to admit that the euphoria does assist with motivation in some cases. So if I were to continue taking it once a week, could anyone tell me if all of these effects keep lasting? (focus, confidence, euphoria) or will I still get a dependency and have those wear off? I'm at a 20mil dose.

I want to continue doing research down the road on this drug, my eyesight and a way to improve it, and to deepen my education on code but I want to know if I need to rush the research while I'm still this alert or if I'll be fine. Part of the reason I'm choosing to do once a week is to prevent that dependency.

sarahsweets
02-21-17, 05:37 AM
I decided to give adderall a try seeing as it's so popular in college. It was NOTHING like I felt with ritalin. This stuff is really helpful but from reading everywhere, I'm only going to try and take this once a week (Sunday) to get the big work done (school and learning to code). The feeling is similar to 5 hour energy except less jitter, more control and longer lasting.
Did your doctor prescribe this? What were the instructions for taking it?

Reading on, I have to admit that the euphoria does assist with motivation in some cases. So if I were to continue taking it once a week, could anyone tell me if all of these effects keep lasting? (focus, confidence, euphoria) or will I still get a dependency and have those wear off? I'm at a 20mil dose.

Euphoria is something that goes away. What did the doctor say about how you should take it? What do the directions on the bottle say?

I want to continue doing research down the road on this drug, my eyesight and a way to improve it, and to deepen my education on code but I want to know if I need to rush the research while I'm still this alert or if I'll be fine. Part of the reason I'm choosing to do once a week is to prevent that dependency.
Taking it once a week is using it as a performance enhancer, not as treatment for adhd.

dvdnvwls
02-21-17, 06:13 AM
If you don't depend on it, then you have no good reason to be taking it.