View Full Version : **** I think I'm on another verge of another mental/emotional breakdown.

Lloyd_
02-21-17, 12:25 AM
I feel completely numb right now and like a zombie, I feel like that I just had a lobotomy. I need to snap out of this, I just got back out of this hole for a few years and turned my life around. I don't want my problems to bring my family/loved ones down with me, I feel like this void is swallowing me whole right now. Maybe I should of went on SSDI when I had the chance. :(

sarahsweets
02-21-17, 05:14 AM
Lloyd do you have a psyche you see for ADHD?

Fuzzy12
02-21-17, 06:27 AM
Are you getting any professional. Hrlp? Any treatment?

Lloyd_
02-26-17, 10:45 PM
Are you getting any professional. Hrlp? Any treatment?

No health insurance at the moment.

Lloyd_
02-26-17, 10:49 PM
Lloyd do you have a psyche you see for ADHD?

Right now I don't have health insurance so I'm paying out of pocket for basically a quick 15min session for him to write my adderall script and that's it and no I'm not going to take psych meds ever again, made me into a zombie and anyone suggesting I get back on them I'll give them an actual lobotomy and see how they enjoy cold surgical steel cutting through their cranium. :)

dvdnvwls
02-27-17, 03:03 AM
Lloyd, my suggestion is that you get somebody really good who you talk to in person every week. Personally I don't care if they have any qualifications - if you have a friend you can count on to be kind to you and halfway intelligent, who would agree to go for coffee and a long talk with you every few days, I really believe that would help.

You can pay a therapist to do the same, and of course they're supposed to do a better job - but that's not always the case.

midnightstar
03-04-17, 02:34 PM
:grouphug: Lloyd, if you don't have anyone at all and don't want to add to your expenses with more meds, is there any free mental health help places where you are? I would google for you but not sure of your location :grouphug:

We on the forum are willing to listen to you and help any way you can but sometimes you need offline help as well :grouphug:

SJB928
03-08-17, 05:31 PM
You're not alone.

For years my pendulum swings between deep, dark depression to murderous anger. It's only ever the speed of the swing that changes. Sometimes it's weeks in the "quiet zone" but on average it's just a couple of hours, every day, every week, month, year.

The diagnosis last year just made it all worse. Sure the medication (dex) works but all it does is clarify my mind enough to see how bad things truly are and had been for decades.

Even as I type these words the depression that fills me is abating and being replaced by anger at my life and that no-body picked up this curse for over 40 years.

I'll say no more....my blood is boiling.

Lloyd_
03-21-17, 11:26 PM
You're not alone.

For years my pendulum swings between deep, dark depression to murderous anger. It's only ever the speed of the swing that changes. Sometimes it's weeks in the "quiet zone" but on average it's just a couple of hours, every day, every week, month, year.

The diagnosis last year just made it all worse. Sure the medication (dex) works but all it does is clarify my mind enough to see how bad things truly are and had been for decades.

Even as I type these words the depression that fills me is abating and being replaced by anger at my life and that no-body picked up this curse for over 40 years.

I'll say no more....my blood is boiling.

I hear ya, I'd be more angry if I wasn't so exhausted mentally and emotionally, I just want to sleep and never wake up.

mryashimoto23
03-24-17, 10:53 PM
Llyod,

I completely feel you. I am a school teacher and it was so brutal today. I had to literally cancel with my friends tonight because I had that zombie feeling too and threw myself into bed. I could not function. I take no meds, never have and yeah I have had emotional breakdowns too so bad I was brought to the E.R.

At least you can sleep better knowing that somebody out there is experiencing the same.
Take care

finallyfound10
04-01-17, 09:04 PM
Lloyd,

When I didn't have insurance I was able to receive meds for free through Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation. I think that all of the Big Pharma companies have similar programs.