View Full Version : Adderall and Dexedrine not working

Life.Nd777
02-21-17, 10:07 PM
Hi,
I was recently diagnosed with ADD at the age of 23. I've always struggled with focusing and getting things done but its this year that it went out of control and i had to see a doctor because of what I believe to be narcolepsy and a serious lack of motivation. he then diagnosed me with ADD and prescribed me Dexedrine 10mg spansules 1 time a day its been now almost a week(5days) and there is no mental effects yet except being really quiet and emotionless and a certain anxiety.
I tried raising the dose and took two 10 mg and I only felt deep anxiety and couldnt talk properly or even thing straight.
That experience with Dexedrine is similar to the one I had when I tried 2 20mg adderrall for two days with no positive effect at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on why am not getting positive results and how to take it to get the most out of it.

Sorry for the long text I tried to provide all the infos to make it clear.

sarahsweets
02-22-17, 05:26 AM
Hi,
I was recently diagnosed with ADD at the age of 23. I've always struggled with focusing and getting things done but its this year that it went out of control and i had to see a doctor because of what I believe to be narcolepsy and a serious lack of motivation.
Have you had a sleep study done? I think its important to rule out narcolepsy if you think you have it.

he then diagnosed me with ADD and prescribed me Dexedrine 10mg spansules 1 time a day its been now almost a week(5days) and there is no mental effects yet except being really quiet and emotionless and a certain anxiety.
I tried raising the dose and took two 10 mg and I only felt deep anxiety and couldnt talk properly or even thing straight.
Is this what the doctor told you to do? He changed you to 2 10mg instead of 1?

That experience with Dexedrine is similar to the one I had when I tried 2 20mg adderrall for two days with no positive effect at all.

Even though you can usually tell if stimulants are going to help you pretty quickly IMO its helpful to give it a few weeks and try different doses consistently before determining they dont work. With that said, it does sound like amphetamines can be rough for you and that maybe methylphenidate might work better. Something like concerta or ritalin.