View Full Version : visual problems

funkymascot
02-22-17, 11:30 PM
Does anyone else have visual problems that seem to be related to ADD. What's most incredible for me is that my visual problems instantly disappear on medication. This includes better peripheral vision and depth perception. Things also become much brighter and colors get sharper. Better perception of, and recognition of objects. Better able to search for and detect things in the environment. Most of the people I know with adhd tell me they don't experience these problems. Is there anybody who knows what I'm talking about or am I just crazy?

Nelson1967
02-23-17, 08:45 PM
That is visual processing disorder ask them to see if you might be dyslexic too

funkymascot
02-24-17, 11:14 AM
Thanks, for the answer. Actually, I'm an excellent reader, so I don't have dyslexia. However, I do have developmental coordination disorder ( aka, dyspraxia.) which I have read is also associated with visual processing deficits.

georgemit
04-13-17, 10:50 AM
My psychiatrist (expert in Adult ADD) asked me for visual problems.
I have lazy eye and he told me that there is a connection between
Amblyopia and ADD. A visual processing disorder connects with executive function problems.

Cyllya
04-14-17, 05:47 PM
I haven't noticed anything actually looking different due to to treatment.

However, some of what you mentioned sounds like an attention problem and a fix thereof. ("Better perception of, and recognition of objects. Better able to search for and detect things in the environment.") It makes sense meds would help with that.

Also, whenever I've had drug-induced euphoria (which is a common side effect of stimulants, though I've never gotten it from ADHD meds), things seem more beautiful somehow.... but that's more how I feel about something than how it really looks.