View Full Version : Should I take Vyvanse everyday?

erikfig
02-23-17, 04:26 PM
Hello All,

I'm 35 ADD diagnosed and been on Vyvanse for about a month now. The med is working really well for me. I can pay attention to everything around me and my performance and moot at work has improved significantly. My wife also noted that I pay more attention at home to my surroundings when I take the med. Right now I'm only taking it for work days at the office.

The big questions is, should I take it everyday including weekends or just on workdays? When I take the med my mental fog goes away and I see everything clear. When I don't take it I feel like I'm on the la la land and thinking on stupid stuff all the time. Once I take it I feel normal again. What are other people experiences? I would like to hear from people who been using it for a while. I don't know anybody with ADD so I rely on this forum :)

Thanks

aeon
02-23-17, 04:28 PM
You should take it as prescribed.

That said, ADHD is 24/7/365, so although you might take a break, it does not.

Cheers,
Ian

Pilgrim
02-23-17, 06:06 PM
You should take it as prescribed.

That said, ADHD is 24/7/365, so although you might take a break, it does not.

Cheers,
Ian

I find if I take breaks, that readaptaion process sucks a bit.

aeon
02-23-17, 06:33 PM
I find if I take breaks, that readaptaion process sucks a bit.

Likewise.

Cheers,
Ian

sarahsweets
02-23-17, 08:16 PM
Hello All,

I'm 35 ADD diagnosed and been on Vyvanse for about a month now. The med is working really well for me. I can pay attention to everything around me and my performance and moot at work has improved significantly. My wife also noted that I pay more attention at home to my surroundings when I take the med. Right now I'm only taking it for work days at the office.
But dont you think you and your family deserves to have you at your best all the time and not just for work?

The big questions is, should I take it everyday including weekends or just on workdays? When I take the med my mental fog goes away and I see everything clear. When I don't take it I feel like I'm on the la la land and thinking on stupid stuff all the time. Once I take it I feel normal again. What are other people experiences? I would like to hear from people who been using it for a while. I don't know anybody with ADD so I rely on this forum :)

Thanks

You just listed all the reasons why you SHOULD take your medication everyday. I have been on stimulants for 15+ years and I take mine everyday.

erikfig
02-23-17, 08:28 PM
Thank you for the feedback guys and gals. :)

whoisinthere22
02-23-17, 09:36 PM
I would actually recommend not to, unlike other people in this thread. Mainly because you and your body need a break from the drug, whether you like it or not. It can also increase anxiety and such if you are doing nothing all day while on the drug (weekends). Just my 0.02.

C15H25N3O
02-23-17, 11:14 PM
I never took Vyvanse every day. In the beginning I wanted to test its effects on my brain being off it single days.
Later I prolonged the breaks up to two weeks. Now I only take it when I need it. I mostly need it when I have to
do things I dont like that must be finished quickly.

Everyones ADHD is different, some are ADD, some ADHD, some ADHD-PI, some ADH-whatever and there are comorbities.

True, ADHD last all our life but nuking our brain sauce every day ends with med-addiction substituting another addiction.
Mind amphetamines are highly addictive and not safe. Water, broccoli, peanuts and peaches are safe!

Some users increased their dosages by time – I decreased it to 1/8 or 1/10 but I now use another med which is
highly illegal in the US and mentioning it here could mean, .... , haha, read my signature, and I can better arrange
with my ADHD than with every pill I tried.

Pilgrim
02-23-17, 11:54 PM
I won't get into a big debate. Normally dosage levels matter here. I'm on 40mg a day.

I totally disagree with what you say.