View Full Version : Funny ADHD Parenting Stories?

willow129
02-24-17, 06:13 PM
So, on the What's Bothering You Now Thread Little Missy and Stef and Fuzzy were posting some funny stories about parenting and ADHD - or just parenting in general, especially babies - they definitely gave me a chuckle and I was wondering if you all have anymore funny stories!!
Please share!

Little Missy
02-24-17, 07:29 PM
hang on, I'm sure I can resurrect a good one...

willow129
02-25-17, 07:40 PM
............**hanging**.........................

Little Missy
02-25-17, 07:42 PM
............**hanging**.........................

gah...I'm desperately trying to get LOL to tell me what she wants for din-din...THEN I'll be full of them, hang on there!

Little Missy
02-25-17, 07:45 PM
this dinner thing is like pulling teeth:scratch:it goes on and on...:eyebrow:

fisherfisher
02-27-17, 06:51 PM
My son is grown now but both of us with adhd? Yeah we've got some good stories!

willow129
02-27-17, 08:30 PM
Ok! SHARE TIME!
You first!
;) :D

Fraser_0762
02-27-17, 08:59 PM
Well i'm not a parent but can tell you a funny (if not silly) incident that happened the other day with my dad involving a hoover.

My dad had asked me the day before to have the livingroom carpet hoovered for him coming back the next day. Of course.... me being me, I waited until the next day to actually do it after receiving a phone call from him telling me he would be back in 5 minutes.

So I took the hoover out of the cupboard thinking to myself (hmmm this hoover looks a bit dated).... but anyway, I plugged it in and started hoovering the livingroom carpet. After I had finished hoovering. I unpluged the hoover. But as soon as I picked the hoover up, the plastic holder containing a **** load of fluff and dust unclipped and it all went over the floor. :doh:

Of course, my dad walked in just as it happened. I was expecting a sore clip around the ear. But instead by dad burst out into laughter. He said "What are you using that old thing for?"... I told him I got it out of the cupboard..... he then said "That things old and broken, didn't you think to use the newer hoover in your bedroom that you trip up over every morning when you get up?" :o

stef
02-28-17, 05:12 AM
I don't have many as I was very lucky to have a calm, "cautious" baby :)

I remember being at the pediatrician's, I simply could not get him back into this warm winter suit, back in the waiting room after the appointment; it didnt have the easy zipper like the other one; I coiuldn't figure out the snaps and i was trying to stuff his chunky little leg into the thing and this woman has been watching me the whole time and says: "so, your first baby...? :doh:

fisherfisher
02-28-17, 06:37 PM
Gosh I don't even know where to start. One time we got up early for the opener of deer season and were so excited that we didn't notice we swapped boots. I was a size or two bigger then him back then and I wondered why my feet ached so bad all morning. When we got back to the house I said I must be getting old because my feet hurt and he said his boots didn't feel right all morning either. hah!

We used to never have what we needed for groceries. I'd forget something and ask him to pick it up at the store and he'd get something completely different. We'd end up having burgers without buns, tacos with no taco shells, it seemed like we were always missing something to complete the meal.

I was always afraid to bring dates home the first few times because when he gets nervous he talks double time and loses all filter. He'd come out with the most inappropriate comments imaginable and when I get nervous I laugh so women would think I was such a crappy dad as if you can control what comes out of a teen boy's mouth!