View Full Version : After how long since last Wellbutrin XL pill do nicotine agonistic effects go away

AcctUhd456
02-25-17, 07:30 PM
I had a bottle of Wellbutrin XL 150mg once daily generic kroger kind my PCP prescribed for smoking cessation in September and rarely used it since. I took it thursday morning with my 50mg Vyvanse for the curiosity on my smoking and synergy with Vyvanse.

Smoking cigarettes tasted very bad and I didn't feel the cigarette do anything on Thursday. Same thing yesterday and now today I still don't feel nicotine even though I haven't taken it yesterday or today morning.

That's 57 hours when I took my last Wellbutrin XL 150mg dose and I still can't get nicotine buzz from cigarettes and it tastes like I'm smoking air.Not that its a bad thing, I'm just experimenting here.

But the dopamine and noripinephrine effects subsided withing 24 hours or so I think when I took the pill. Why are the nicotine agonist effects still there and not the dopamine/noripinephrine?

dvdnvwls
02-25-17, 09:21 PM
Half-life of Wellbutrin is my wild guess. There is not an identifiable moment when it's gone; instead, it tapers over a long time. There is an approximate time when you stop noticing its effects, but there's still a measurable amount in your body - apparently enough to change absorption of nicotine.

aeon
02-25-17, 11:05 PM
Wellbutrin/bupropion never interfered with my experience of nicotine (by means of cigarette or vaping).

But dextroamphetamine rendered it useless.

Cheers,
Ian

AcctUhd456
02-25-17, 11:42 PM
Wow that's the complete opposite of me lol..assuming you're a smoker how do you not crave it on dex?

aeon
02-26-17, 12:21 AM
Wow that's the complete opposite of me lol..assuming you're a smoker how do you not crave it on dex?

I'm not a smoker, and despite enjoying nicotine, I've never had cravings for it. When I found out what it did to my blood sugar, I quit vaping in a day and that was that.

Cheers,
Ian