View Full Version : Its Been a long time, Big Vent going to new Dr.

theloner
03-01-17, 11:46 AM
I am too old for this switching bs, last psych said he was going to help me, he made everything worse, wanted me off the Adderall, I knew this was coming, I know damn well he was worried about the drug enforcers I would bet they checked the records or something like that.

first he decreased the klonopin to 0.that was ok being I can sleep, I have an autoimmune disease & have other meds that help with sleep etc

In 4 yrs of going there I only seen this man 4x, so he did not know me at all, I could tell he never really looked at my chart, this bs just kills me, he gave me 15 min of time and then next patient, did you ever notice the psych hardly gives you any of there time

besides that I cannot drive that far anymore, I just cannot do it

My house is a damn disgrace, if someone came in here they would want me committed, S everywhere, nothing is clear, no clear counters or dressers etc, I am so upset I will have to call the crisis line. I have been taking meds for AD inattentive for over 20 yrs, I do not know what I am doing, I am afraid I will have to go into the hospital

Naturally I will not get an rx today, gotta see the counseler 2 x :rolleyes: like I said I am too damn old, what in the hell is the counselor going to help me with, they are probably some young person 25-30, how in the hell can they know about my life, I could be their mother, I should counsel them!;)

so hate to say it but WTF are these drs doing to people, I cannot take this anymore, I am going to have a heart attack because of their practices. I will have to buy some cold pills..at my age... pitiful

I am so wired I am ready to scream, my insurance could not find me a dr, so now I have to pay out of pocket, this is just great, nobody gives a damn, they just send you out in the street and people wonder why some with a cognitive problem go nuts. well maybe at this point I am nuts, if I need to go into the hosp I do not know what I will do, anyone done group....what a thrill, how does that help when patients with other problems do not shut up for the entire group hour :eek:

I am so PO, beyond that......I just lost a parent 3 mo ago, I really need all of this BS now

Had to vent, you people are the only ones who can understand, what I would like to do with that dr I cannot even post here :eek:

sarahsweets
03-01-17, 02:03 PM
I am too old for this switching bs, last psych said he was going to help me, he made everything worse, wanted me off the Adderall, I knew this was coming, I know damn well he was worried about the drug enforcers I would bet they checked the records or something like that.
When you say last psyche do you mean before this one cause you had to switch? Like the last one or the current new one wants you off the adderall? Did they give you a reason?

In 4 yrs of going there I only seen this man 4x, so he did not know me at all, I could tell he never really looked at my chart, this bs just kills me, he gave me 15 min of time and then next patient, did you ever notice the psych hardly gives you any of there time

WOOAA that not all the doctor's fault. You have to be an active participant in your own healthcare and if you cant get in more than once a year, you needed to find a doctor who will see you. I wouldnt be prescribing controlled substances to a patient I only saw once a year either. Psyches usually give 15 minutes for med management, sometimes 30. They dont generally do talk therapy either.

I am so upset I will have to call the crisis line. I have been taking meds for AD inattentive for over 20 yrs, I do not know what I am doing, I am afraid I will have to go into the hospital

I think you should call the crisis line because you sound really upset.

Naturally I will not get an rx today, gotta see the counseler 2 x :rolleyes: like I said I am too damn old, what in the hell is the counselor going to help me with, they are probably some young person 25-30, how in the hell can they know about my life, I could be their mother, I should counsel them!;)

Would this be for therapy? I think therapy can help with a lot of things especially if someone is upset.

so hate to say it but WTF are these drs doing to people, I cannot take this anymore, I am going to have a heart attack because of their practices. I will have to buy some cold pills..at my age... pitiful

I dont understand what you mean here.

I am so wired I am ready to scream, my insurance could not find me a dr, so now I have to pay out of pocket, this is just great, nobody gives a damn, they just send you out in the street and people wonder why some with a cognitive problem go nuts. well maybe at this point I am nuts, if I need to go into the hosp I do not know what I will do, anyone done group....what a thrill, how does that help when patients with other problems do not shut up for the entire group hour :eek:

I do think you need to consider the crisis line.
Im sorry about your loss, and this might be even more of a time where therapy can help you.

theloner
03-02-17, 08:59 AM
I cannot seem to multi quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloner View Post

When you say last psyche do you mean before this one cause you had to switch? Like the last one or the current new one wants you off the adderall? Did they give you a reason?

last one, I have an autoimmune disease and take meds for that, its no picnic, I am more or less confined to the house without my med, this wasn't the time for the dr to do this, I was caring for family member with ALZ and then a death Its no doubt the dr is going by new rules of course, with their nanny state minds this seems to happen every 5 yrs or so
Quote:

WOOAA that not all the doctor's fault. You have to be an active participant in your own healthcare and if you cant get in more than once a year, you needed to find a doctor who will see you. I wouldnt be prescribing controlled substances to a patient I only saw once a year either. Psyches usually give 15 minutes for med management, sometimes 30. They dont generally do talk therapy either.
where are you getting once a year:scratch: I had to go there every mo It wasn't always like this, years ago just the dr. for 45 - 60 min
Quote:
I am so upset I will have to call the crisis line. I have been taking meds for AD inattentive for over 20 yrs, I do not know what I am doing, I am afraid I will have to go into the hospital

I think you should call the crisis line because you sound really upset.

yes I was really upset earlier, I am more under control now, still may need to call them, its a damn shame what they put patients thru, now waiting for neuro to call

[Would this be for therapy? I think therapy can help with a lot of things especially if someone is upset.]

already do that
Quote:

I dont understand what you mean here.

that's ok, drink 5 cups of coffee

I do think you need to consider the crisis line.
Im sorry about your loss, and this might be even more of a time where therapy can help you.

What can they possibly do.. I already see a therapist, I do not want to hear hospital, then have to pay a co pay of around $1500 for a $20 rx plus put pets in the kennel, so much fun, joy, I ll be insane with all of that, I just need my med

The dea, govt has caused so many problems with patients, those that really need the meds are discriminated against because of the abusers, it will not change until something happens then its usually is on the news

Ah, I just may go see my old dr, who is in another state, who knows me, I called him earlier, I think Id rather drive the 300 miles, of course I ll need to do the intake and drive there again, big big PITA sounds better than a hosp issue.

Aren^t you glad you replied to my post ;) I know , you were compelled:eek: nobody else wanted to touch it, been there and done that:cool: and a few of my keyboard keys are not working, I cannot attempt again to play with those little plastic pieces, talk about ADHD trying to fix those will drive you mad

sarahsweets
03-02-17, 09:24 AM
where are you getting once a year:scratch: I had to go there every mo It wasn't always like this, years ago just the dr. for 45 - 60 min

I said 1 a year for 4 years because of the quote below. Maybe I misunderstood you> Did you mean a total of 4 times? Was it once a year since you say it was four years? Or once every three months?

In 4 yrs of going there I only seen this man 4x, so he did not know me at all, I could tell he never really looked at my chart, this bs just kills me, he gave me 15 min of time

Im sorry that crisis isnt a good option for you with your other responsibilities. I think therapy can be really helpful. I know youve already switched doctor's but not all doctor's feel that way. Can you look for another in the meantime?
Even if you have to deal with the current one or your old one you can start the search now. Is there a reason you were taken off the adderall? were you given any sort of reason?
Have you point blank asked why the doctor wont give you what you have had for years that has scientific evidence to back up that its an effective treatment for adhd?