View Full Version : Adderall IR and fatigue

Swissy
03-03-17, 02:47 PM
I know there is a thread about being tired on XR. Normally my IR gives me a boost. Once in a while I am so tired after taking my 10mg dose. I forced myself to go to the gym to work through it and have had coffee and green tea. Then I took my 2nd dose about 1/2 hr early and still feel exhausted. I am eating normal and healthy.

I know you guys have advised that poor sleep can cause this. I never sleep well, my work hours are brutal but today (and once in a while before) I feel more tired and down than usual. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way sometimes, and if it has anything to do with the meds. Same generic Sandoz as always, not a new bottle.

dvdnvwls
03-03-17, 02:54 PM
There is a special type of feeling of zoned-out exhaustion that comes from a dose that's too high.

If you're dehydrated, you will feel much worse with medication.

Otherwise... Nope, you just have to correct your sleep.

If you say you can't sleep better because of work - well, something has to give. You're not a superhero. Either sleep, or do a bad job of everything, lose your job, crash your car, etc. Your call.

Swissy
03-03-17, 03:02 PM
Tomorrow will be 1 week since I made a conscious effort to dramatically increase my water intake. Thanks for the info!

JAJP16
03-03-17, 05:24 PM
I know there is a thread about being tired on XR. Normally my IR gives me a boost. Once in a while I am so tired after taking my 10mg dose. I forced myself to go to the gym to work through it and have had coffee and green tea. Then I took my 2nd dose about 1/2 hr early and still feel exhausted. I am eating normal and healthy.

I know you guys have advised that poor sleep can cause this. I never sleep well, my work hours are brutal but today (and once in a while before) I feel more tired and down than usual. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way sometimes, and if it has anything to do with the meds. Same generic Sandoz as always, not a new bottle.

I posted on this last week.

I fell asleep on vyvanse 10 MG and now after the Doc switched me to Adderall 10MG IR it makes me sleep.

He had me start at only quarter pill (really don't know why) from my hours of research is looking like do to low doses.

If anyone else could give some ideas that would be amazing.

Little Missy
03-03-17, 06:27 PM
I take IR 3X a day and there is hardly a day that goes by where I do not HAVE to take The Adderall Nap. Ten or fifteen minutes of dead sleep either lying down or even sitting up.

And I wake up raring to go.

JAJP16
03-03-17, 07:26 PM
I take IR 3X a day and there is hardly a day that goes by where I do not HAVE to take The Adderall Nap. Ten or fifteen minutes of dead sleep either lying down or even sitting up.

And I wake up raring to go.

How long has this been happening to you?

Have you ever asked your DR why this happens?

Little Missy
03-03-17, 08:11 PM
How long has this been happening to you?

Have you ever asked your DR why this happens?

Forever, 10 plus years, and no, I never bothered to ask. I kind of like it.

Pilgrim
03-03-17, 09:11 PM
I really agree with above. And it's, IMO, really important to master this. Sleep comes first, everything works around that.