View Full Version : New Canadian National ADD Advocacy Group CADDAC The Centre for ADD Advocacy, Canada

ADDCoach4u
06-07-05, 07:56 AM
CADDAC, The Centre for ADD Advocacy, Canada.
Here’s a new national Canadian ADD advocacy organization.

CADDAC, The Centre for ADD Advocacy, Canada is a new national Canadian alliance of organizations and individuals that educates people on ADHD and how to advocate for themselves and those affected by ADHD. It also runs workshops, advocates on behalf of all Canadians affected by ADHD and provides ongoing advocacy training.

In the past, while there have been a great number of people affected by Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD), there has not been a single cohesive voice whose sole purpose is to advocate for ADHD in a positive manner. This is what CADDAC is all about.

Here’s their mission:

CADDAC serves individuals, their families, education systems, medical professionals, employment organizations and government entities. Our goals are:

• To have ADHD universally recognized as a legitimate disability, which can be managed and accommodated.

• To create awareness within the health care system, the education system, amongst regulators, employers and the public.

• To unify the voice of individuals personally impacted by ADHD.

• To network with professional organizations and other stakeholders to maximize knowledge and understanding of ADHD.

Check out CADDAC’s new website, www.caddac.ca for more info.

Pete

Pete Quily
Adult ADD Coach
News and views on Adult ADD updated regularly at my ADD Blog
http://www.adultaddstrengths.com

Ian
06-07-05, 09:17 AM
Thanks Pete. Keep us posted on the progress. Are you quite involved in this? Is this group alied with any othere ogranisations?
Cheers!

ADDCoach4u
06-16-05, 03:30 AM
Hi Ian,

I'm just helping to promote it. I believe they're connected with CADDRA who's running the ADD Conference in Vancouver June 19-20th. www.caddra.com but the website's not up yet Cdn ADD Resource Alliance a closed group of child psychiatrists.

Pete