View Full Version : New Generic Concerta

BeetleBean
03-04-17, 01:52 PM
I just filled both my sons' concerta prescriptions last night and realized when we got home that they were filled with a new generic. I'm freaking out a bit because we had an awful experience with the Mallinckrodt generic a while back, and I don't want a repeat of that. :/

The new generic is made by Myan (maker of Epipen.) It is a different shape, but appears to have a laser drilled hole. The only info I've been able to find on it is that it did receive an AB rating, which was taken away from the other true generics. Does anyone know if it uses OROS?

https://flic.kr/p/S58rSy

KeyWhispererFl
03-25-17, 04:47 PM
I actually joined this forum because of this issue. This time when I got my concerta filled i noticed it was Mylan and it is not working as well. I'm not sure what to do. Barely works and wears off quickly.

BeetleBean
03-29-17, 10:03 AM
Just came to update. My younger sons seems to be doing fine on this generic, but it seems to be wearing off sooner with my older son. Overall, it will work for us, but I wish I could stick with the other generic.

(it's nowhere near the nightmare the Mallinckrodt generic was)

krwmorgan
07-06-17, 03:21 AM
My son has taken Concerta 27mg for his AD/HD for years with great success. He started taking the Mylan generic this month and has felt awful and not acted like himself. It does not have the OROS delivery system. He's taken it fir four days and has complained of headaches, walked around like a zombie with his eyes half closed, and has just felt bad in general. We've only had a problem with a version of Concerta once before. It was another generic that was eventually taken off the market.