View Full Version : Sexual Satisfaction in Relationships (split from Knowledge of relationships...)

Postulate
03-02-17, 12:02 AM
It seems like a subtle distinction on the surface, but it can have a BIG effect on what behaviors can slowly (or quickly... sometimes in the blink of an eye!) go from being totally unacceptable to perfectly acceptable... ever hear of a couple who's madly in love and gets married, only to have one spouse "completely change" after the marriage and it totally falls apart? I suspect this dynamic may be in play in that sort of situation. You don't find out who a person REALLY is until they feel safe enough (ironically) to treat you in all the ways they secretly treat themselves... including all of the terrible ones.

A recent study in the UK confirmed that 75% of couples are sexually dysfunctional, because they rated their sex life below 3/10 when asked the question. Sure, you can come up with a complex elaboration for why these marriages fall apart, indeed men can be liars, women also, they can have hidden flaws, and it might be a contributing factor indeed. BUT:

That study proves, beyond the reasonable doubt, that most women in UK enter a marriage without feeling any sexual attraction for their male counterpart. None at all. They do it for the day of the marriage, so they could wear a beautiful white dress, which costs a fortune by the way. They do it for the career, for the money, because they got too old and time was pressing etc. Most men were able to confirm that the day of the marriage the sex was great, and the day after, it went down the tubes. Not a year after...a DAY after.

If you are not sexually attracted towards a man, do not approach him, do not flirt with him and most importantly, do not marry him! Don't do it! Don't do it! It will never work. Putting up a meticulous act for the fame you get the day of the marriage, is not worth years of suffering.

Also, the Jian Ghomeshi trial was able to prove to the entire world, beyond any reasonable doubt, that some women have an ability to lie as easy as they breathe. But the most harmful lie ever, is to lie about your sexual attraction to your partner.

Just wanted to clarify this portion.

acdc01
03-02-17, 01:25 AM
A recent study in the UK confirmed that 75% of couples are sexually dysfunctional, because they rated their sex life below 3/10 when asked the question.

Can you provide to a link to the study please? I imagine that percentage is probably true but I'd like to see more details on that study.

Also, I'm not a fan of how you worded some of your post. Saying some guy proved that some women can lie as easy as they breathe? Of course that's true cause its true of both sexes. But that is quite an insult and saying that while singling out a particular sex, well I don't think you should do that. Anyway, I know you aren't intending any harm but I'm telling you this anyway cause I think you should reconsider your words cause they will harm no matter if your intentions were honorable.

Postulate
03-02-17, 09:51 AM
Can you provide to a link to the study please? I imagine that percentage is probably true but I'd like to see more details on that study.

Also, I'm not a fan of how you worded some of your post. Saying some guy proved that some women can lie as easy as they breathe? Of course that's true cause its true of both sexes. But that is quite an insult and saying that while singling out a particular sex, well I don't think you should do that. Anyway, I know you aren't intending any harm but I'm telling you this anyway cause I think you should reconsider your words cause they will harm no matter if your intentions were honorable.

It is true of both sexes yes, but the avoidance of such expressions is a political view. Politics are forbidden from discussion on this forum, that includes political correctness. Many do not share your political views. For example I don't believe in political correctness, I believe in the freedom of expression so it equally hurts me having to say he or she and not being able to speak about the menstrual cycle. If I'm not entitled to talk about my political views I don't see why you should be entitled to talk about yours. Here's your link:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/david-spiegelhalter-sex-by-numbers-review-masturbation-sti-homosexuality-virginity-marriage

https://s14.postimg.org/eaaj2yebl/810.jpg

Little Missy
03-02-17, 10:54 AM
It is true of both sexes yes, but the avoidance of such expressions is a political view. Politics are forbidden from discussion on this forum, that includes political correctness. Many do not share your political views. For example I don't believe in political correctness, I believe in the freedom of expression so it equally hurts me having to say he or she and not being able to speak about the menstrual cycle. If I'm not entitled to talk about my political views I don't see why you should be entitled to talk about yours. Here's your link:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/david-spiegelhalter-sex-by-numbers-review-masturbation-sti-homosexuality-virginity-marriage

https://s14.postimg.org/eaaj2yebl/810.jpg

What does this have to do with the topic?:scratch:

moth2flame
03-04-17, 06:23 AM
[in reply to moth2flame quote]

A recent study in the UK confirmed that 75% of couples are sexually dysfunctional, because they rated their sex life below 3/10 when asked the question. Sure, you can come up with a complex elaboration for why these marriages fall apart, indeed men can be liars, women also, they can have hidden flaws, and it might be a contributing factor indeed. BUT:

That study proves, beyond the reasonable doubt, that most women in UK enter a marriage without feeling any sexual attraction for their male counterpart. None at all. They do it for the day of the marriage, so they could wear a beautiful white dress, which costs a fortune by the way. They do it for the career, for the money, because they got too old and time was pressing etc. Most men were able to confirm that the day of the marriage the sex was great, and the day after, it went down the tubes. Not a year after...a DAY after.

If you are not sexually attracted towards a man, do not approach him, do not flirt with him and most importantly, do not marry him! Don't do it! Don't do it! It will never work. Putting up a meticulous act for the fame you get the day of the marriage, is not worth years of suffering.

Also, the Jian Ghomeshi trial was able to prove to the entire world, beyond any reasonable doubt, that some women have an ability to lie as easy as they breathe. But the most harmful lie ever, is to lie about your sexual attraction to your partner.

Just wanted to clarify this portion.

Uh... what? :confused: I have no idea why this is in reply to what I wrote, or how it's even relevant?

Postulate
03-04-17, 10:23 PM
Uh... what? :confused: I have no idea why this is in reply to what I wrote, or how it's even relevant?

It seems like a subtle distinction on the surface, but it can have a BIG effect on what behaviors can slowly (or quickly... sometimes in the blink of an eye!) go from being totally unacceptable to perfectly acceptable... ever hear of a couple who's madly in love and gets married, only to have one spouse "completely change" after the marriage and it totally falls apart? I suspect this dynamic may be in play in that sort of situation. You don't find out who a person REALLY is until they feel safe enough (ironically) to treat you in all the ways they secretly treat themselves... including all of the terrible ones.

That was the line I was answering to by giving you an example of how a spouse can change after the marriage and the marriage falls apart.

sarahsweets
03-05-17, 10:03 AM
I would bet that more men than women would say their sex life wasnt as fulfilling.

Little Missy
03-05-17, 10:54 AM
I never believe charts and statistics.

dvdnvwls
03-05-17, 12:22 PM
Postulate:

If it doesn't say inside the study that a particular conclusion has been proven, then you can be certain that the study does not prove that. They are careful to list all the relevant conclusions.

Postulate
03-05-17, 02:06 PM
Postulate:

If it doesn't say inside the study that a particular conclusion has been proven, then you can be certain that the study does not prove that. They are careful to list all the relevant conclusions.

That was proof that the study exists, only 5% of results were actually published in GQ magazine based on what GQ wanted to publish and not based on what conclusions were relevant. The full study is not available online but upon request, if you're a radio or TV channel you can request it in full. I got it from a radio show.

Little Missy
03-05-17, 02:26 PM
So, are your ADHD meds helping you? Have you been experiencing a lot of women declining your advances?

Postulate
03-05-17, 02:41 PM
So, are your ADHD meds helping you? Have you been experiencing a lot of women declining your advances?

This is a good question you're asking me. To my big disappointment, sapiosexual women rarely refuse my advances. That really makes me wana go to the gym and put on some hair gel, so it bothers me to a small extend. Otherwise, Asians and blacks have a soft spot for me as well. So although many refuse my advances I would say I'm not at a particular disadvantage in any way :)

sarahsweets
03-05-17, 03:07 PM
Why are sapiosexual women something to be dissappointed about? Wouldnt you want someone who is attracted to your intelligence over looks?

Postulate
03-05-17, 03:29 PM
Why are sapiosexual women something to be dissappointed about? Wouldnt you want someone who is attracted to your intelligence over looks?

I'd like to think of myself as someone smart, but no human is able to stay smart 100% of the time not to mention that I can also be very dumb in certain instances. Physical looks are there to stay, whether you're having a bad day, a good day, or when you show up with the grocery bags at home and she asks "where's the Belgian endives?"

It can be pretty tiring when you always need to come with the element of surprise and be sharp 24/7. Let's just say that I would like both :)

midnightstar
03-05-17, 04:18 PM
I'd like to think of myself as someone smart, but no human is able to stay smart 100% of the time not to mention that I can also be very dumb in certain instances. Physical looks are there to stay, whether you're having a bad day, a good day, or when you show up with the grocery bags at home and she asks "where's the Belgian endives?"

It can be pretty tiring when you always need to come with the element of surprise and be sharp 24/7. Let's just say that I would like both :)

Physical looks don't stay forever, eventually people get old and lose their looks. Would you want to be with someone who turns tail and runs at the first sign of you getting old or would you rather someone be with you for your intelligence/personality/whatever? :)

Postulate
03-05-17, 04:51 PM
Physical looks don't stay forever, eventually people get old and lose their looks. Would you want to be with someone who turns tail and runs at the first sign of you getting old or would you rather someone be with you for your intelligence/personality/whatever? :)

If aside from liking to explore my IQ they can also enjoy acting irrationally, I am a taker! Sadly I have not yet experienced the full extend of such a relationship so I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself here, it would probably work out.