View Full Version : Problem with Vyvanse

Jill22089
03-05-17, 04:49 PM
i have pros and cons with it. pros is better judgement and control of impulses also do things more thorough but what about how it takes so long to do everything because im focused on every little detail and mistake? before meds id get ready for the day quickly and jump into things instead of wasting time. now as task that used to take for example 30 minutes takes 1 hour 15 minutes. has anyone had this problem before? help.

dvdnvwls
03-05-17, 07:27 PM
I can think of two things.

Some people say that when your medication kicks in you will succeed at whatever you're doing at that exact moment - so if you're sitting around in your underwear, then you will - with excellent determination and focus - continue to sit there in your underwear. :)

The other possibility is your dose being too high, causing over-focus.

sarahsweets
03-06-17, 05:46 AM
i have pros and cons with it. pros is better judgement and control of impulses also do things more thorough but what about how it takes so long to do everything because im focused on every little detail and mistake? before meds id get ready for the day quickly and jump into things instead of wasting time. now as task that used to take for example 30 minutes takes 1 hour 15 minutes. has anyone had this problem before? help.

I can echo what dvd said. You sort of have to have a plan to begin doing what needs to be done once you take your meds or else you will be very focused and determined on whatever you are working on, even if it is not productive. I cant tell you how many times I will have taken my meds and begin to look up a recipe and if I spend to long on the internet I end up checking a link from Wiki which means I have checked 5 links, then a link to penguins in the South Pole, then how to do artificial nails and then how to build a roller coaster...... and all I wanted was a chicken marsala recipe.