View Full Version : Wiithdrawal questions

Jill22089
03-05-17, 04:51 PM
my dr gave me permission to take breaks from my medication id like to take it 5 days a week and have a 2 day break but im afraid of withdrawals. i take vyvanse in morning adderall at around 4 pm what should i do? i know its basically 3 days of being crazy tired im afraid of feeling horrible. also if i get thru the withdrawals will it be less bad once its fully out of my system and i do the 5 days weekend break since it hasnt been in my system as long? i heard many people do this and i dont know how they bare it.help.

Little Missy
03-05-17, 06:30 PM
Why??

Fraser_0762
03-05-17, 06:34 PM
Why??

Tolerance. For many people, the medication seems to become less effective over time, if break periods aren't taken.

I know that's not a popular thing to say on here. But it's obviously true for at least some people as these threads aren't that uncommon.

dvdnvwls
03-05-17, 07:38 PM
Most such threads are started by people saying "I read somewhere that..."

Very very few are asking from first-hand experience.

aeon
03-05-17, 08:26 PM
ADHD is 24/7/365.

Amphetamines are too.

If you stop, you might get withdrawal symptoms.

Don't stop.

I've been taking them for 6 years now, and I never encountered tolerance, not one bit.

Dump 60mg of dextroamphetamine into my system when I am half awake and it is the same soft slap, chipper mood, quivering tail it ever was.

Quit worrying and start living.

Cheers,
Ian

PaulCamR
03-05-17, 08:50 PM
my dr gave me permission to take breaks from my medication id like to take it 5 days a week and have a 2 day break but im afraid of withdrawals. i take vyvanse in morning adderall at around 4 pm what should i do? i know its basically 3 days of being crazy tired im afraid of feeling horrible. also if i get thru the withdrawals will it be less bad once its fully out of my system and i do the 5 days weekend break since it hasnt been in my system as long? i heard many people do this and i dont know how they bare it.help.

I also (think I need) to take breaks. I have easy tolerance build-up with anything I've ever taken in the past. I'm quite new to ADHD meds, but I am also attempting to implement a 5-day on 2-day off regimen. Part of that is due to not having insurance.

What I am trying is the following:

- Regular exercise, maintain good organization of things, and follow some routines. Eat properly. Get proper sleep.
- Take daily supplements: Fish oil & multivitamin. Multivitamins often don't give much of each vitamin, they just help keep you from experiencing deficiencies. I take extra vitamin D on top of that, if I had the money I'd take additional things daily. I'm also trialing Sam-E.
- I have a sleep supplement for night time right now. I don't take it every day but it has Theanine, Melatonin, and 5-HTP. This just helps me keep with my sleep routine.
- I have an 'energy booster' mix I take when I'm feeling an intense dip in energy. B50 complex vitamin, extra B12 & B6 on top of that, vitamin D, NALT, ALCAR, taurine, theanine, caffeine, DMAE, rhodiola rosea, and a couple other things.

sarahsweets
03-06-17, 05:02 AM
I guess if you definitely noticed your meds not working at all, then maybe trying a break could be a good idea. If thats not happening and you are doing it just in case, then you may want to rethink it.