View Full Version : No medication is working

Celtic
03-05-17, 07:34 PM
Hi all,
I was diagnosed 5 years ago and took Ritalin. About 6 months ago I noticed that it was no longer helping me. My doctor finally switched me to Adderall XR and I took it for six days and all it did was relax me. My ADD symptoms actually seemed worse. He just prescribed Focalin XR 20mg for me. Today is Sunday and I have been taking it since Friday. I have not noticed anything other than a very slight sense of well being. My doctor told me it would start to work right away but would take some time for me to get used to. I called the pharmacist and she told me since it is XR it would take a few days to get through my system. All I know for certain is that Ritalin started working right away. Now I am afraid nothing will work for me. I have no motivation, no energy, no focus and no attention span. Plus I have bipolar, anxiety disorder and panic disorder. I'm a mess!! Please help me with this meds issue.....Thank you!!!

dvdnvwls
03-05-17, 08:07 PM
Have any of the other disorders got worse recently?

Celtic
03-05-17, 08:14 PM
Hi,
No not really. My emotions are blunted so he took me off Paxil and put me on Wellbutrin. I read that Wellbutrin can be good for ADD. I guess I'll find out in the next 3-5 weeks. Thanks for your response!

Jenn1202
03-06-17, 11:31 PM
Have you been taking the brand name or generics all these years? You may want to check if you're still on the same generic because some generics are more effective than others.