View Full Version : Any medication/supplements suggestions for memory issues?

Riversong
03-07-17, 03:41 AM
My memory has become worse. I know people won't like this, but I think it has something to do when Adderall. I used it from 2008-2011 and my memory seemed to worsen after stopping.

within the past 2 months, I have went from Dexedrine to Adderall to Vyvanse to Adderall and back to Vyvanse.

Vyvanse works great for my memory while I'm on it, but it's also giving me horrible headaches.

I am in dire need to retain information. I am in the process of becoming a certified teacher and me forgetting little things isn't going to cut it in my profession.

Are there any supplements, medications or anything that any of you are using to treat your memory problems? (if you have em)

It isn't just my short term memory, it's also my long term memory at times.

sarahsweets
03-07-17, 10:41 AM
Fish oil as far as I know is the only supplement that can help out with adhd and memory. Not sure about Ginko Biloba.

Riversong
03-07-17, 10:44 AM
Fish oil as far as I know is the only supplement that can help out with adhd and memory. Not sure about Ginko Biloba.

Thank you for responding, fish oil such as omega 3 and Krill ?

aeon
03-07-17, 11:07 AM
My memory has become worse. I know people won't like this, but I think it has something to do when Adderall. I used it from 2008-2011 and my memory seemed to worsen after stopping.

That makes sense...not that Adderall damaged your memory in any way, but that memory performance is much improved on amphetamine.

When I am on Dex, I can look at a 16-digit credit card number and remember it short term to then type it into the computer without having to look back at it.

When not on Dex, I cannot do that.

Cheers,
Ian

dvdnvwls
03-07-17, 01:47 PM
Thank you for responding, fish oil such as omega 3 and Krill ?
Yes.

Some people it helps; others are not so sure.

Fraser_0762
03-07-17, 02:51 PM
Omega-3, Ginkgo Biloba, Vitamin B-12, Zinc and Magnesium.

Also, keeping yourself well hydrated throughout the day. These things can certainly help to boost short term memory for many people.