View Full Version : If you are taking adderall, do you have to increase your protein intake?

jykim531
03-07-17, 03:36 PM
I am currently on 15mgs of adderall xr once a day, and I was wondering does anyone know if you have to increase your protein intake for the med to actually do its job? I was talking to a friend who also takes adderall xr but in 20 most and she said in order for it to be effective you have to get a lot of protein in your diet.

Fraser_0762
03-07-17, 04:01 PM
Adderall can decrease appetite which can cause a reduction in muscle tone and fat tissue.

Protein and healthy carbs are recommended as part of your diet for your overall health.

dvdnvwls
03-07-17, 06:15 PM
Just healthy eating will do fine.

An all-carb breakfast (which I think a lot of people end up with) is probably not the best plan.

PaulCamR
03-07-17, 07:51 PM
I am currently on 15mgs of adderall xr once a day, and I was wondering does anyone know if you have to increase your protein intake for the med to actually do its job? I was talking to a friend who also takes adderall xr but in 20 most and she said in order for it to be effective you have to get a lot of protein in your diet.

Everything in life is about balance. Adderall isn't a magic pill that operates irrespective of how you are right now. Exercise and healthy food intake are both important.

madhadder
03-18-17, 09:23 PM
No nutrition expert but adderall or no adderall a moderate amount of protein is important in general.

From personal experience, when I started adderall I was lifting consistently. I noticed I could still gain muscle the same but I also lost muscle faster than ever before. I had went from a high protein diet to a low protein diet (unintentionally) after starting adderall. I'm sure that has a decent part to blame for the muscle loss. I didn't however see a difference in how the adderall itself worked based off the amount of protein I was taking in.