View Full Version : Strattera and Caffeine? Does it really negate Strattera?

LeigonHunter93
03-08-17, 08:09 AM
Good Morning!

Hello all, I just started taking Strattera 40mg this past Saturday. I am trying to get this medicine to work as it is my only option at this point. I have read online that caffeine can negate Strattera's positive effects, is this true? I would love to hear from what you all have to say on that, I am willing to give up caffeine but just want to know if that is true. :)

Postulate
03-08-17, 10:21 AM
It's mixed, the only way to know is to try. About half find it ruins Strattera, the other half benefits from the combo. Note that dizziness or sleepiness can occur on the combo because your dopamine does not increase like it should.

LeigonHunter93
03-08-17, 10:40 PM
Thank you, I will see how it is without caffeine tommorow ��

baasje91
03-18-17, 03:50 PM
I can't feel anything from coffee while on strattera...

baasje91
03-20-17, 03:38 AM
I become agitated en have no peace. Thought it does nothing but it is not...:/

InTourettesting
11-26-17, 07:33 PM
I would drink a mtn dew for a while every morning before school (57 mg) and when I started Strattera I noticed when I had mtn dew the effect that the caffeine had was almost double what it was off the meds, so it feels like I had a mild energy drink. At this time I'm still not even a month into use so I havent noticed any effects on focus to judge with the use of caffeine

allesandro1
11-26-17, 09:53 PM
I would ask a pharmacist--they are the only ones who really know about that that kind of stuff