View Full Version : Should I consider going on Medication?

precision760
03-08-17, 08:47 PM
Hello, so I'm unsure if I really do have ADD/ADHD, but ill do my best to explain situation and see if anyone has had similar experiences, all throughout school focusing completing projects, essays etc have just been non-existent with me and has lead me to fail Highschool, have had many job interviews but did not get it due to the interviewer noticing my terrible eye contact and attention span I'm very intelligent in ICT yet I find it incredibly hard to tell the time on an analogue clock and ever since stopping Highschool I have developed some mild social anxiety where It bothers me to even get a haircut.

Thanks for any advice I will be probably seeing someone about this but thought id share if anyone else has had similar issues and been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD.

dvdnvwls
03-08-17, 09:37 PM
Going on medication is not what you need to consider, though that might happen. What you do need to consider is seeing someone - and if these things are a constant problem in your life, then yes you should.

Lunacie
03-08-17, 09:59 PM
Could be ADHD. Could be something else. Must be something though since it's
causing an impairment in your life. See a doctor about getting a diagnosis.

Then talk to that professional about meds.

Pilgrim
03-08-17, 11:32 PM
Find out what's driving this, and I agree with above. And this stuff affects your life considerably.
I had a number of small phobias and had to consider the rights and wrongs of medication. By that time though the damage was considerable.
Do I regret taking meds, never.

sarahsweets
03-10-17, 05:35 AM
I also think keeping an open mind and seeing a professional is your first step. Worry about medication after you know what it is that is the problem.