View Full Version : On Vyvanse For 2nd Time and Tired

Mygamertagsucks
03-08-17, 10:17 PM
I'll make this as concise as possible.

From 2011 though 2015 I was on Vyvanse, 50mg in the AM and 30 in the PM. My psychiatrist relocated, and I didn't feel I needed ADD meds despite obvious ADD signs. Finally, last month, after being involved in my 3rd car accident since 2016, the cause of which were all my fault simply due to not concentrating, my new psychiatrist decided to put me back on Vyvanse, 60mg.

Granted, when I was on it before, it was a much higher dosage (maybe even too high), but I do not remember being so tired from one dose. It's been a month, and I just started my 2nd month on this dose, and I get mind numbingly tired. I am alert, but feel like it is taking everything I have to stay awake. I thought, if anything, I would feel too "speedy' for lack of a better term.
My question is this: is this just how my body will now react to this medicine, or am I possibly on too high or too low of a dose?

sarahsweets
03-09-17, 05:29 AM
I'll make this as concise as possible.

From 2011 though 2015 I was on Vyvanse, 50mg in the AM and 30 in the PM. My psychiatrist relocated, and I didn't feel I needed ADD meds despite obvious ADD signs. Finally, last month, after being involved in my 3rd car accident since 2016, the cause of which were all my fault simply due to not concentrating, my new psychiatrist decided to put me back on Vyvanse, 60mg.

Granted, when I was on it before, it was a much higher dosage (maybe even too high), but I do not remember being so tired from one dose. It's been a month, and I just started my 2nd month on this dose, and I get mind numbingly tired. I am alert, but feel like it is taking everything I have to stay awake. I thought, if anything, I would feel too "speedy' for lack of a better term.
My question is this: is this just how my body will now react to this medicine, or am I possibly on too high or too low of a dose?

Personally I wouldnt put up with this more than a week or so. I would have asked to switch meds.

Mygamertagsucks
03-09-17, 08:23 PM
The only other ADD med I have been on was IR Adderall and then XR Adderall. I still remember feeling so wired whole on it that I would start doing things that never interested me before, like learning pointed pen calligraphy.

sarahsweets
03-10-17, 05:42 AM
The only other ADD med I have been on was IR Adderall and then XR Adderall. I still remember feeling so wired whole on it that I would start doing things that never interested me before, like learning pointed pen calligraphy.

Yes but there are other meds besides adderall and vyvanse. Dex is a good alternative to vyvanse or adderall.