View Full Version : Mylan generic Dexedrine spansules

b3nault
03-11-17, 12:07 PM
Anyone with experience or opinions on the Dextroamphetamine Sulfate Extended-release Capsules from Mylan? Maybe a comparison to other manufacturers if possible?

adhdseeker
08-07-17, 02:12 PM
Hi! Yeah, I can share my experience.

I used to take Barr Dexedrine ER and when they stopped manufacturing I experimented with a few other manufacturers and settled on Mylan for a couple of reasons.

Mylan is great for acting like a normal person interpersonally. At first I didn't think it worked at all and felt really dumb. It felt like I had no thoughts and I wasn't used to that. I was used to being more "heady". At high doses I used to get really bad headaches on this stuff but that side effect might have gone away. Even so, I continue to take a low dose. I feel like I have more emotional and social fluidity on this brand.
When I take Mayne, for example, I instantly become more mental and sort of hyper-fixate on concepts to the detriment of smooth emotional and social functioning.

Compared to Barr Dex, which I thought I loved, I like the effects of Mylan better. I used to love Barr Dex but I agree with others who have said that Barr Dex is really "rough." I felt more anxious on Barr.

I'm really tired right now but I have a lot to say on the topic. Let me know if you want me to share more specifics or have any particular question. I feel like everyone is really different.
For example, Malincroft -- I really don't like this stuff! Makes my jaw tight even at low doses. I feel irritable.

i'm calling around but can't find a pharmacy who has any Mylan in stock so I am going to try Actavis I think and hope for the best. Never tried that manufacturer before.