View Full Version : Anyone on Vyvanse 3x/day...?

toujours99
03-12-17, 07:07 PM
Hey guys, I'd really love input from everyone here.

I've posted with a very similar subject before, but I'm here with a slightly different situation, new information, and a new question :rolleyes:

So..stimulant medications really really don't last long for me. And aren't that potent to begin with. I've tried Adderall, Adderall XR, Focalin IR, Dexedrine, Provigil, and Vyvanse, all with varying doses and mixtures (ie boosting Vyvanse with Adderall or Dexedrine).

The longest lasting of the meds, for me, is the Vyvanse, and with that, it only lasts like 4-5 hours, where 1 hour is spent waiting for it to kick in, 2 hours of focus, and then 1 hour of comedown.

I've spent forever trying to research why, and I even posted on here asking for your guys' input (if any of you reading this have ideas as to why, please please let me know!).

For information, my current regiment is: Lexapro (10mg), Wellbutrin XL (300mg), Buspar (45mg), Vyvanse (50mg 2x/day), & Allegra
Supplements: Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Magnesium

I've made sure to experiment with not taking my vitamins to see if that affects anything, or when I take them. I also make sure not to drink anything acidic / with vitamin C, like OJ. No effect.

Another thing is, I got GeneSight genetic testing, and one thing that came up was that I have a Met/Met COMT polymorphism. The study says that predicts a reduced affect to all stimulant drugs. And I have another polymorphism that makes guanfacine / clonidine less effective (how did I get so lucky :p ).

Anyway, my question this time is-- is it unheard of for someone to take 3 Vyvanse capsules a day? And if I did talk with my doctor and convince them to prescribe something crazy like that, how could I make sure I'm not like, destroying my body?

Thanks a ton you guys!

tl;dr

Does anyone take Vyvanse 3x/day?
Does anyone have the Met/Met polymorphism for COMT, yet finds stimulants work for them?
What tests should I get to make sure my body is ok with a high dose like that?

dvdnvwls
03-12-17, 07:15 PM
Testing for your body being OK:

1. Quality and quantity of sleep need to BOTH be consistently good.

2. Blood pressure and heart rate need to stay down.

3. Anxiety and bad temper need to be regarded as real problems that must be fixed by reducing dose, not as tolerable side effects.

4. Other effects of excessive dose, including over-focus, getting stuck inappropriately continuing topics or tasks, feeling "zoned out", have to be minimal.

sarahsweets
03-13-17, 03:53 AM
I have to take multiple doses of my adderall xr everyday.

Funky1
03-13-17, 06:15 PM
I take 2 Dex XRs a day and still sometimes feel I'm not getting the coverage I need. In fact, sometimes I feel like the first half of one dose wears off before the extended release portion kicks in (ie getting super tired and feeling come down symptoms 3 hours after taking first dose and then feeling second wave a half hour after).

toujours99
03-16-17, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Anyone else have some insight? It would be greatly greatly appreciated :\

sarahsweets
03-16-17, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Anyone else have some insight? It would be greatly greatly appreciated :\

IME, vyvanse never lasted the purported 12 hours. Using a booster is a must with it IMO. Its also the weakest of all the amphetamines.