View Full Version : Unable to sleep, thought Vyvanse would help?

classof2020
03-16-17, 06:22 AM
I have been on vyvanse for about three months now( started in December). I went from 10 mg, to 20mg, to 40mg and am considering going to a higher dose my next appointment. I have no negative side effects aside from dry mouth but I just drink a lot of water and am fine, slight anxiety but its tolerable for sure. Before I started Vyvanse (starting in June 2016?) I developed an insane sleep pattern. I would typically stay up all night and then all day and then get a normal 6-8 hours of sleep the following night. Or I would get 3-4 hours of sleep every night and after about a week sleep for 10-14 hours straight. Maybe a week out of the month I get a normal amount of sleep. I thought when I started taking Vyvanse this might help be with my sleeping habits but so far they have not improved. Does anyone have any recommendations? Higher dose, Lower dose, sleeping pills, different medication? I really need this fixed because the lack of sleep gives me severe headaches and makes me unable to focus in class.

It's currently 5:20 am and I have class in two hours :)

sarahsweets
03-16-17, 11:52 AM
When adhd is treated correctly, it often does help regulate your body in every way. It sounds like this isnt the case for you. Have you ever had a sleep study done? Sleep issues are not always about stuff like sleep apnea and narcolepsy and can be very eye opening. There is something called delayed sleep disorder which would be something I would encourage you to consider or research.