View Full Version : Adderall XR come down

nlang1
03-16-17, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone,
I was prescribed Adderall XR for my ADD a little over 2 months ago and I've recently developed an eye twitch so I stopped taking my RX. Now that I haven't been taking it I've noticed my sex drive has increased significantly, I've been breaking out, an increased appetite, and mood swings. Is this common when coming off Adderall even for such a short time? I would love to hear some feedback and maybe even a reason for what I'm experiencing.
Thanks in advance

dvdnvwls
03-17-17, 02:06 AM
It sounds like you were experiencing side effects from Adderall and they stopped when you stopped taking it. Changes in sex drive, reduced appetite, and twitches, might be related to Adderall. I'm not sure about it preventing breakouts though - maybe something else also changed? I don't know.

It's possible that your dose may have been a bit too high - a lower dose would give you less side effects. Or possible that changing meds might help you. Or even that you were fine with that level of side effects. It's up to you and your doctor.

myth20
03-17-17, 03:47 PM
I had an eye twitch when I was on adderall xr 10mg. When medications wear off it happened and I know it is time to take my second or 3rd dosage.

It is probably anxiety related, and that what was happening to me when it wear off and at night.

Then I asked if I could be switch to adderall xr 15mg and it went away. Personally to me possibly it is related to anxiety.

dvdnvwls
03-17-17, 05:07 PM
Good point. This is a bit tricky to figure out.

Cyllya
03-18-17, 12:58 AM
I think amphetamine withdrawal is not uncommon at all. It should only last a couple days at most. I think the amount of time you were taking it matters less than the dose.

I always got a terrible appetite increase whenever I had amphetamine withdrawal. Granted, I have an annoyingly high appetite by default and amphetamine suppresses it, but I still think withdrawal boosted it from the norm.

madhadder
03-18-17, 06:57 PM
YES.

Of course just my opinion but the reason I say yes is because I've experienced the most of the same things. I assumed the breakout I experienced came from eating foods I hadn't been eating when taking the adderall - especially sugary foods. Sex drive was just suppressed and returned to normal. The only difference was I had horrible mood swings on adderall and stopped taking it because of that. After 4-5 days of not taking the adderall I felt normal (no mood swings)

nlang1
03-18-17, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it. I think madhadder is right about eating foods that I normally do not eat when taking Adderall. I can say that the twitching is not stress-induced as my stress level as increased significantly since I stopped taking Adderall and the twitching has subsided. Therefore I think that taking the medicine was the cause but I could definitely be wrong I'm just glad that it's stopped. As the sex drive goes I don't remember it being this high pre-Adderall, but again, I could be mistaken. I just sent my doctor a message to talk about alternatives so we will see how it goes.

madhadder
03-18-17, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it. I think madhadder is right about eating foods that I normally do not eat when taking Adderall. I can say that the twitching is not stress-induced as my stress level as increased significantly since I stopped taking Adderall and the twitching has subsided. Therefore I think that taking the medicine was the cause but I could definitely be wrong I'm just glad that it's stopped. As the sex drive goes I don't remember it being this high pre-Adderall, but again, I could be mistaken. I just sent my doctor a message to talk about alternatives so we will see how it goes.

Good luck! Do a google search on guanficine, you may want to ask your doctor about that if they don't bring it up on their own. It is a medicine to treat high blood pressure so sometimes isn't connected with ADD/ADHD. If your twitch is adderall related, see if your doc thinks a low dose of guanf could eliminate it.