View Full Version : What's one thing that nobody in your real life knows about?

midnightstar
03-17-17, 04:34 PM
This is a thread where you post one thing that nobody in your real life knows about you (only if you're comfortable saying something though) :grouphug:

One thing that nobody in real life knows about me is that I really cannot deal with people standing behind me, which is why when I'm at a bus top I'll deliberately position myself so there's soemthing solid behind me like a wall or the bus stop sign, anything solid so I know there's no human stood directly behind me :o

psychopathetic
03-17-17, 05:00 PM
I can't do math on paper. :(
Division? I don't think I ever fully learned how in grade school.
But the sad thing is, is I can't even do simple things like addition and subtraction long hand. I mean...how dumb can I possibly be?

Luckily it's never been something I've had to reveal to anyone except for once when I had to take an intelligence test for a psychological exam...where I couldn't use a calculator.

===edit===

And omg...I just google searched how to do longhand addition and subtraction and I can't believe I forgot how to do it. xP How incredibly simple! lol #Idiot

Hermus
03-17-17, 05:36 PM
I'm the head of a major maffia family, selling weapons and drugs. All my millions are buried in my backyard.

(Just kidding but if the police reads this I won't have to plough up my own backyard this year :p)

dvdnvwls
03-17-17, 05:38 PM
Every item I can think of, someone knows it.

Hermus
03-17-17, 05:44 PM
Every item I can think of, someone knows it.

Same for me. Only things I can think of have to do with sex and that's not something I'm going to share here.

dvdnvwls
03-17-17, 06:21 PM
Don't worry midnight - we're behind you all the way. ;)

midnightstar
03-17-17, 06:26 PM
Don't worry midnight - we're behind you all the way. ;)

*checks there's nobody behind her* :eek:

Another thing people irl don't know (I think) is I do still like disney music, calms me down if I get anxious :o )

Fraser_0762
03-17-17, 06:52 PM
Nobody in my family knows I have ADD. I'm just a lazy bum.

psychopathetic
03-17-17, 07:49 PM

Bah, that sucks to not have that support/understanding :(

Hermus
03-18-17, 02:38 AM

The one doesn't exclude the other :p

But on a more serious note: Wouldn't it be time to tell your family? I don't know your family situation, but in general I could imagine they might be more understanding if they knew you had ADD instead of thinking you are just lazy.

dvdnvwls
03-18-17, 05:46 AM
There are people in the world who, when you tell them, become less understanding and treat you worse. Too many of them. :(

acdc01
03-18-17, 07:09 AM
Same for me. Only things I can think of have to do with sex and that's not something I'm going to share here.

Ditto.

Hermus
03-18-17, 09:02 AM
I once sleep texted a fellow student (okay, she knows but apart from that nobody)

aeon
03-18-17, 04:33 PM
I tried and I tried, but I could not think of a single thing that I know that is unknown by at least a single person in real life.

Cheers,
Ian

Fraser_0762
03-18-17, 05:02 PM
The one doesn't exclude the other :p

But on a more serious note: Wouldn't it be time to tell your family? I don't know your family situation, but in general I could imagine they might be more understanding if they knew you had ADD instead of thinking you are just lazy.

I don't think they'd understand. My dad is a classic ADD case.... and true to form, he's in complete denial about there being anything "wrong" with him. :eyebrow:

aeon
03-18-17, 05:57 PM
OK, I thought of something, and perhaps what it is explains why I couldn't think of it at first.

Though a couple of people know about a couple of situations and/or conditions, no one knows what I feel overall related to my neurological and psychiatric disorders, memories of childhood sexual, physical, and psychological abuse, and day-to-day experiences of dissociation, loneliness and suicidal ideation.

That's OK...I wouldn't want anyone to know that feeling.

I do the best I can and get on with it, and I support other people in their bliss of ignorance.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
03-19-17, 01:21 PM
I am not human.

I am god.

I am a plant.