View Full Version : Vyvanse food issues

zolscody
03-18-17, 12:00 PM
Hello
I was wondering if you could share with me your tips and tricks with food. Yesterday I took the meds on an empty stomach but then didn't want to each much during the day. At 4:00 my blood sugar dropped and I almost passed out.

Today I took it WITH a high protein breakfast and now I'm totally nauseous. The thought of food is repulsive. The only other change is yesterday I took a Tagament with the Vyvanse to help protect my stomach. Today I didn't.

I read that eating good/high protein throughout the day helps the meds work the best. I can't even imagine putting anything in my mouth right now without wanting to vomit.

Anyone have things that work for them?

dvdnvwls
03-18-17, 02:20 PM
It sounds like you probably need a lower dose of your medication. Most people have some appetite suppression, but not like this.

Daisy567
03-21-17, 10:47 AM
I am on 40mg Vyvanse. Before I take it I have a small bowl of cereal w milk and take my dose. I stopped drinking my daily iced coffee and I have to say I feel much more calmer and focused. Try to eat very small meals throughout the day maybe saltines might help at first or some yogurt?

maple17
03-21-17, 06:27 PM
How long have you been taking it? Did you just start?

We really had to force my daughter to eat during the first few weeks on it, but that settled and now she will snack all day. We make sure she has some kind of protein for breakfast and she grazes a lot during lunch and breaks and then eats pretty much nonstop from about 4pm on.