View Full Version : Miracles of recovery

Hermus
03-18-17, 01:00 PM
This forum focuses a lot on the troubles of addiction, which is totally understandable since people are coming here for help. But I think recovery from addiction has a lot of benefits, which 12 steps meetings often refer to as miracles of recovery. This topic is to share all the positive changes and experiences you've had in recovery.

I'll start with a few of my own:

I feel much less resentment to my family and my bond with them has deepened.

I can go to a concert and fully enjoy without drinking one drop of alcohol or taking even the tiniest bit of drugs.

My self-worth is groing.

I've met a lot of nice fellow recovering addict, who really are an enhancement for my life and contribute to my further recovery.

My head is much clearer, which allows me to focus more on my thesis work.

More to come...

dvdnvwls
03-18-17, 02:16 PM
Hermus, there may be miracles great and small - I don't know - but these are no miracles. You have done these things yourself.

Perhaps the fact that you've been able to do things like this now, when previously it may have seemed impossible, could be a miracle.

I'm happy to hear that your life is changing for the better. Thanks for posting this news.

Hermus
03-18-17, 02:28 PM
Hermus, there may be miracles great and small - I don't know - but these are no miracles. You have done these things yourself.

Perhaps the fact that you've been able to do things like this now, when previously it may have seemed impossible, could be a miracle.

I'm happy to hear that your life is changing for the better. Thanks for posting this news.

That's not the point of the topic. Whether you call it miracles, benefits or otherwise, I couldn't care less. The fact of the matter is that these are things I couldn't have accomplished in active addiction. And now back on topic please.

midnightstar
03-18-17, 02:54 PM
Good to know you're doing better Hermus :grouphug: