View Full Version : Drug test for Adderall lead to other positive results?

LegionFX
03-22-17, 01:38 AM
Hello, I recently took a urine drug test. I already know that adderall will be one that will test positive which will require more testing. Which I am prescribed.

my question is, will the drug testing company only do more testing specifically for amphetamines or will they test for other substances that were previously negative in the urine sample.

This is because I smoked from a friend's vape which turned out to be marijuana, and was stupid of me for doing it. I know the lab tests samples with lower cut-offs, but I tested with at home tests 5 days afterwards which showed that I was negative for it. This is for a pre-employment screening for school. I don't want the fact that testing positive for amphetamines might lead to testing positive for marijuana due to my medications.

The documents will be sent to my doctor, will the doctor be notified if i was to test positive for the marijuana with the further testing? or will it be shown as negative through the initial testing?

I have notified the people at the office that I was prescribed medication and that I will test positive for it, which they proceeded to tell me that a MRO would call and ask about it. So far no one has contacted me back.

sarahsweets
03-24-17, 02:37 AM
Hello, I recently took a urine drug test. I already know that adderall will be one that will test positive which will require more testing. Which I am prescribed.

my question is, will the drug testing company only do more testing specifically for amphetamines or will they test for other substances that were previously negative in the urine sample.
It all depends on who wants the drug test, who gets the results and what they are screening for.

This is because I smoked from a friend's vape which turned out to be marijuana, and was stupid of me for doing it. I know the lab tests samples with lower cut-offs, but I tested with at home tests 5 days afterwards which showed that I was negative for it. This is for a pre-employment screening for school. I don't want the fact that testing positive for amphetamines might lead to testing positive for marijuana due to my medications.

If the drug test was ordered by your employer and not your personal doctor they are probably screening for typical illegal and controlled drugs. You should have asked the lab how to provide information that would confirm you are prescribed adderall legitimately, or find out how to address that because you know you will screen positive. Whether or not the weed pops up is unclear. Home kits are notorious for not being accurate and the ones performed in labs tend to be way more accurate, its possible that you test positive for the weed.

The documents will be sent to my doctor, will the doctor be notified if i was to test positive for the marijuana with the further testing? or will it be shown as negative through the initial testing?

This is where I am confused. If its a drug test for work, arent the results only going to go to the company ordering the tests? Why do they have to go back to your personal doctor? Unless the test is from your personal doctor for the job?
IME an employee drug screen and its results get sent to the prospective employer with simple results, like positives or negatives and go no further. The ones sent and ordered by personal doctors tend to be more specific so if thats the case, your own doctor can be made aware of the weed.
IME testing positive for adderall with a legit rx, is not reason to ask for further testing for something specific, just like testing positive for weed wouldnt automatically trigger the need to test for amphetamines.

I have notified the people at the office that I was prescribed medication and that I will test positive for it, which they proceeded to tell me that a MRO would call and ask about it. So far no one has contacted me back.
This is a really good thing, I missed it in the above part of your post. So if this is something from your employer only, they will call, you will provide proof of the rx and as long as they dont see the weed no further info should be needed but a lot of these policies differ and Im giving you my best guess.