View Full Version : about my Concerta usage

microstructure
03-22-17, 12:03 PM
I was diagnosed with ADD at 27. (two months ago)

My doctor told me you need to use concerta whenever you need them( three or two times in a week). I am reading all of your posts. I am so confused.

I am using concerta whenever i need them. For example if i have a lot work to do i am taking 36 mg Concerta. Other days i am not taking.

But if i have work to do three days in a row. I take 36 mg Concerta daily in these days. But after these three days i feel run-down. What is wrong? Isn't it correct usage? I don't understand why doctor told me to use like this.

thank you all.

namazu
03-22-17, 12:53 PM
ADHD, by definition, impairs your life in at least 2 areas (for example, school, work, relationships, home life, self-care, etc.).

For this reason, doctors typically prescribe medication to be taken daily -- because even if you don't have work to do, you still have to function at home, maintain your health, interact with other people, etc.

There may be some people with mild ADHD who can use medication effectively on an "as-needed" basis. However, because ADHD isn't limited to work, for many people with ADHD, "as needed" is "every day".

If you are feeling run-down after taking medication 3 days in a row, consider whether you are eating well, sleeping well, staying hydrated, etc., on days when you take your medications. These factors are also very important in keeping you feeling well, and sometimes medication affects appetite or sleep or hydration. So be sure you're taking the other necessary steps to maintain your health. Excercise can also be a good help in increasing energy levels and wellbeing.

Postulate
03-22-17, 01:17 PM
I was diagnosed with ADD at 27. (two months ago)

My doctor told me you need to use concerta whenever you need them( three or two times in a week). I am reading all of your posts. I am so confused.

I am using concerta whenever i need them. For example if i have a lot work to do i am taking 36 mg Concerta. Other days i am not taking.

But if i have work to do three days in a row. I take 36 mg Concerta daily in these days. But after these three days i feel run-down. What is wrong? Isn't it correct usage? I don't understand why doctor told me to use like this.

thank you all.

You're from Istanbul? I watched Sultan Suleyman TV series, what's it called...The Magnificent Century! All 158, 2-hour episodes! These series are amazing, you got good actors in your country! Hurrem...anyways!

What you have to realise is that stimulant medication like Ritalin is not Hydrazine or Helium 3 fusion material, no energy is stored within it. It is simply a key that unlocks a mechanism inside your brain, commanding for YOUR energy to be released. And when you release energy, you have less.

So those 3 days were fun, you had energy, but like any other thing, it depleted, because you didn't get enough food, love and exercise to replenish it back to the levels where it was before.

It's always:

100 (Your energy) x 36 (mg dose) = 3,600 Mood

If after 3 days your energy is 82%, you get:

82 (Your energy) x 36 (mg dose) = 2,952 Mood

So your mood or ability to do things has greatly decreased for the same dose. So to balance it out you get:

82 (Your energy) x Y (mg dose) = 3,600 Mood

3,600 Mood/82 (Your energy) = 43.9 mg (raising the dose is not allowed)

microstructure
03-22-17, 04:04 PM
You're from Istanbul? I watched Sultan Suleyman TV series, what's it called...The Magnificent Century! All 158, 2-hour episodes! These series are amazing, you got good actors in your country! Hurrem...anyways!

What you have to realise is that stimulant medication like Ritalin is not Hydrazine or Helium 3 fusion material, no energy is stored within it. It is simply a key that unlocks a mechanism inside your brain, commanding for YOUR energy to be released. And when you release energy, you have less.

So those 3 days were fun, you had energy, but like any other thing, it depleted, because you didn't get enough food, love and exercise to replenish it back to the levels where it was before.

It's always:

100 (Your energy) x 36 (mg dose) = 3,600 Mood

If after 3 days your energy is 82%, you get:

82 (Your energy) x 36 (mg dose) = 2,952 Mood

So your mood or ability to do things has greatly decreased for the same dose. So to balance it out you get:

82 (Your energy) x Y (mg dose) = 3,600 Mood

3,600 Mood/82 (Your energy) = 43.9 mg (raising the dose is not allowed)

I met a girl from Greece. She told me that she learnt Turkish from The Magnificent Century :) I have never watched :D

I will try my best to boost my energy. I hope it will help. Thank you for your kind reply.

Postulate
03-22-17, 08:31 PM
I met a girl from Greece. She told me that she learnt Turkish from The Magnificent Century :) I have never watched :D

I will try my best to boost my energy. I hope it will help. Thank you for your kind reply.

Ok and you can get your energy up by watching that series too! As a man, I quickly realised the value of it, especially when it comes to Ibrahim Pasha's romantic discourse, best date material ever, and they think it genuinely comes from me because in North America literally no one watches that series lol! :giggle:

ohlookakitty
03-28-17, 09:15 AM
In the past, on the weekend I never took my Concerta; only during weekdays at work. It worked well that way so I can get quality sleep and didn't feel like a robot all week long. The cycling also seem to help stay on the minimal dosage as well without feeling like I needed something stronger.