View Full Version : Am I crazy?

ADDY4ME
06-08-05, 03:40 PM
I'm 19.. dating this guy for almost three years.. he keeps telling me I am insane because I kirk out on him about absolutely everything.. we're going in different directions.. I'm in college and he's working and I love him so much but every little thing bothers me. Like if he doesn't apologize the "right" way, I will find myself crying and pleading with him just to give in and do it my way then he ends up getting more mad and calling me crazy.. that sets me off even more. Is this because I am coming down from my adderall? Why can't I snap out of it before/during an argument, and realize that it's stupid and petty? Everytime I try to.. I'm like "screw that, I'm not giving in, you give in.. just do it!" and I'm always the one that ends up hurt in the end.
I also tend to say really nasty impulsive things about people when they anger me. Like.. really bad stuff, that I always regret.. is this ADD, or is this pure insanity? I've been told that I could be kind of bipolar, but I can deal with that as opposed to taking a downer and dealing with my supressed depression and inability to do simple tasks without my medicine.
Thanks..

FightingBoredom
06-08-05, 10:22 PM
You are NOT insane!

For one thing most of what you are going through is the normal roller coaster ride of life at 19. You're caught in that place where you are now legally an adult but you'd really like to stay home and have NO responsiblities.
You may even think that this guy is the ONLY guy that can fill that place in your heart for the rest of your life....and he's not.....but you feel that way....

I will say that you need to lighten up a LOT about having things your own way. There is a certain amount of give and take in a relationship and if you can't let go of the little things then you will end up feeling alone....even if you are in a relationship with someone.

Anyway, that's my rambling "2 cents" worth on a tired brain after a long day.......I hope some of it makes sense. :D

shinobi
06-08-05, 11:15 PM
nah, "normal" is an abstract word defined by the majority. For example if the majority of people were borne with ADhD then it would be "normal" to have ADhD and abnormal to not have it. In the same way "sanity" is also abstracted and defined by the majority. The behaviour of the majority defines what is "saine behavious" and as such anything outside of that is conciderd "insain". Worth noting that "insaine" and "crazy" are also used to describe people who are conciderd to be a "clear / present / serious / imediat danger to themself and / or others". So you see, sociapaths COULD be conciderd as crazy. So to conclude, on the philosophical grounds that language is an abstracted method of defanition thats wide open to many differing interpritations, no you are not "crazy" because "normal" doesnt exist and without "normal" the counter ballance of "abnormal" becomes non-existant.

Alternativly no, your not crazy, your actions arnt weird anough.

Deopending on how philosophical you want to be eather will do. I prefer the green one myself.

T-Bass
06-10-05, 12:06 PM
Wow, I do the same thing to my girlfriend, but I do it while on adderall, I can't take dumb people, too bad I don't have a girl that has just as much anger as me, I have a feeling things will balance out.

I need to dump my NORMAL girlfriend & find someone sick in the head like me.

btw: YOUR NOT CRAZY, THIS WHOLE WORLD IS CRAZY!

T-Bass

Obiwan
06-11-05, 12:05 PM
You're not crazy. Sounds like you may need to pick your battles more carefully.

P_Stampy
06-12-05, 03:55 AM
I think coming off the med's can make u say strange things/cry.. i duno

Christiana
06-18-05, 11:37 AM
It's perfectly normal to want someone to apologize "the right way" - I do that all the time too, (unfortunately) especially with people I love. If you know he didn't mean it, or he somehow isn't making you feel any better, then of course you're going to want him to do it right.

It may have somthing to do with the meds, (cuz they DO mess with your emotions after all) but it could also just be part of being a girl, a teenager, or any other combination of things - don't forget that hormones are chemicals too, and your emotions can get all messed up if it's the wrong time of the month... ;) It's impossible really to sort out the effect of your meds vs. the effect of eveyrthing else. Or at least, that's my opinion. When I'm stressed out from tests and homework I am a completely different person than when I'm working or on break. (I'm 22 by the way, and have one year left of college) I'm not on any meds right now, but I have been....

With my ex-bf I would always do stupid things which I'd regret later too. For example, I'd get really depressed for no reason and if he'd call, I'd refuse to go visit him - I really wanted him to come and "save me" but never said it - just expected him to figure it out even though I wouldn't tell him. Or, I'd tell him it was fine for him to hang out with all his friends to watch hockey without me on a friday night, but then sit there and sulk and cry becuase I really DID want to see him. Then I'd call him and yell at him and he'd get all confused. Tons of stuff like that - or silly stupid expectations which I'd look back on and wonder "how could I have actually THOUGHT that?"

My advice to you is to try to step back from your relationship for a minute and really think about WHY you go crazy with your bf, and why you expect certain things from him. Is it becuase he's not sensitive to some things you need or want? Is it becuase he doens't spend as much time with you as you'd like? Or maybe your expectations are higher than he can meet? It's always good to talk those sorts of things out.

ADHD can be really annoying with relationships, and meds can really mess with you, and maybe you ARE crazy in some ways... but it's not EVERYTHING... normal people run into problems like this too all the time. Hang in there! Oh and welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around more :)

Crybaby1898
09-12-05, 01:38 PM
Your not insane you need tojust umm... pic your battles more carefully and your need to become more laid back on him. Okay girl eveything is going to be okay.