View Full Version : Strattera and anger

Wowihatethis
03-26-17, 11:34 AM
I've been on strattera for 3 days, and I already hate it. My anger is though the roof and I can't concentrate because I'm so angry. I really want to switch to a different medication because it's so bad. Could you guys give me some help please.

namazu
03-26-17, 11:35 AM
Have you called your doctor yet to tell them about the side effects you're experiencing?

That might be a good place to start.

Wowihatethis
03-26-17, 11:40 AM
Not yet but I'm probably going to, thanks

Maddie89
03-29-17, 12:20 PM
I went through that when I first started taking Strattera too. It will pass. It lasted on and off for about a week or two at the most. I half attributed it to the medication evaporating the anxiety I've had for so long. To me..it felt like i was no longer afraid to get angry..and show it. At other times i was just plain ****** for no reason. But I assure you it's temporary. I had some mood swings too for a couple of weeks.

Can't fully judge the drug until you pass 6 to 8 weeks. In the meantime it wouldn't hurt to contact your doctor and report these side effects to them.

Maddie89
03-29-17, 12:23 PM
I must emphasize it was worth the wait. This medication has changed my life! Maybe not as drastically as stimulants..but definitely a noticeable change. The anxiety reducing bonus is much appreciated too. I'm far more stable emotionally and don't get depressed as often as I used to. The mind chatter is gone (felt that the first few days) and I am not aa forgetful as I used to be..nor is my hyperfocus as out of control.