View Full Version : I Need Help Deciphering the Reason Behind My Headaches.

Ollierose11618
03-27-17, 11:35 PM
Ok.So.

I am 18. I have been taking Adderall since I was 7. When I was 16 I moved from taking 20mg a day to 20mg twice daily. Recently I have been having problems with headaches. They didn't start until maybe a year ago, but they are impossible.

I take my first Adderall at 6:00 a.m., and my second at 11:30 a.m. every day. I have a plethora of things wrong with me, mainly a form of epilepsy that causes extreme vertigo, but I have learned to work through feeling sick. If I feel nauseous or even sometimes have a headache, it is as simple as I need to eat, but almost every night at around 7 p.m. or so I begin to get a headache that is in the upper back of my skull. It was manageable for a while, but now it has slowly gotten worse to the point of making me feel sick.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!

dvdnvwls
03-28-17, 02:28 AM
What does your doctor say about the headaches?

sarahsweets
03-28-17, 04:18 AM
It seems more likely to be related to your other issues then the adderall.

CharlesH
03-30-17, 12:53 PM
Just wild guess - maybe it has something to do with the vasoconstriction properties of stimulants. It could be caused by too much vasoconstriction, or by the vasoconstriction wearing off later in the day. Maybe ask your doctor if you can experiment with taking lowering the dose, or with taking a booster dose before 7pm.

PaulCamR
03-30-17, 07:45 PM
There's far too many variables to consider, to be asking this on a forum. Your doctor is the only person you can go to.

DaveB27
05-15-17, 10:01 PM
I found I had to drink a lot more water or I got headaches with adderall. Seems to dehydrate me. Not sure if that's your issue, but try drinking more and see if it helps. Def should talk to your dr and or pharmacist tho.

Pihlaja
05-16-17, 05:25 AM
Do you sit for long periods at a time during the day? Do you walk regularly? Do you have a stiff back or back pain? Headache can sometimes be caused by tension in your neck or back.

I found this technique helpful the last time I got a headache: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLG-3FP6mE You could try it and if it works then your headaches may be at least partly caused by tension.

Headaches can be caused by multiple things so like others have suggested perhaps you should see a doctor. Or if that's not an option you could experiment with one thing at a time until you find something that affects your headaches.